• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
im almost for sure im going to TN. you can ride with me if you want. hopefully we will have meet and flown together at least a couple times by then :)

Sweet, I'm in :)....How far away is St.Marys,WV for you??...Their field is REALLYY nice. We can fly there, if I am still welcome there :eek: :banghead:

And TNFLI isn't the same dates as Ohio huckfest. TN is in August while Ohio Huckfest is in July :D :cool:

wamsy55

50cc
the OH HF is in July this year so there will be no conflict.

I just saw that, I read earlier that it was on the same date.

Phew!

TN is awesome and Mr. Bivens knows how to run an event. Last year was so laid back and we all had a good time!
House Mountain is one of my favorite places to fly.

wedoitall

Sweet, I'm in :)....How far away is St.Marys,WV for you??...Their field is REALLYY nice. We can fly there, if I am still welcome there :eek: :banghead:

And TNFLI isn't the same dates as Ohio huckfest. TN is in August while Ohio Huckfest is in July :D :cool:

if i take Rt. 16 all the way instead of interstate i can be in St. marys in about a hr and half

isnt the WingNuts at the St. Marys field?

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
if i take Rt. 16 all the way instead of interstate i can be in St. marys in about a hr and half

isnt the WingNuts at the St. Marys field?

Yes, it is a reallly great field.

So that means you are around 2.30 hours from me.

My field has running water, full bathrooms, direct 12v hookup(240amp power supply), Enclosed building(with heater), 2 shelters with tables under both, 2 refrigerators(stocked with drinks), microwave, TV, a radio, plus some other cool stuff you may need while flying. Plus it is privately owned, and I'm the president. I think the land owner owns somewhere around 100 acres of land the field sits on.

Here is a picture looking down the runway, the flight stations and buildings are to the left.
IMG_20110901_194029.jpg

Buildings
phoca_thumb_l_100_7337_800x600.JPGphoca_thumb_l_100_7340_800x600.JPG

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Why not moose?

Because the first year it moved to Youngstown...it was amazing. A TON of pilots and the most pilots we've ever had at an event.

Last year saw quite a few less pilots...and a lot of people did not like how the King 50 was run. (we still had a great time, though)

This year, with the King 50 probably not happening...I just don't see a lot of people coming out. The Huckfest in general is dying. I'm lucky I got to go to a few good ones.

The other reason is that I think I'd like to go to the NJ FLI which is the week before...and I probably won't be able to get away from the homestead two weekends in a row.

I think I'm planning on heading over to Muncie sometime this summer by myself or with a few friends when nothing is going on and just flying all week.

dskuro95

100cc
Drooling!!!!

Yes, it is a reallly great field.

So that means you are around 2.30 hours from me.

My field has running water, full bathrooms, direct 12v hookup(240amp power supply), Enclosed building(with heater), 2 shelters with tables under both, 2 refrigerators(stocked with drinks), microwave, TV, a radio, plus some other cool stuff you may need while flying. Plus it is privately owned, and I'm the president. I think the land owner owns somewhere around 100 acres of land the field sits on.

Here is a picture looking down the runway, the flight stations and buildings are to the left.
View attachment 5234

Buildings
View attachment 5235View attachment 5236

dskuro95

100cc
I was gonna compete in King 50 this year too! And I will be at the NJ FLI and I can bring the 70" slick I got from Dave that was originally yours. Is he in this forum?

Because the first year it moved to Youngstown...it was amazing. A TON of pilots and the most pilots we've ever had at an event.

Last year saw quite a few less pilots...and a lot of people did not like how the King 50 was run. (we still had a great time, though)

This year, with the King 50 probably not happening...I just don't see a lot of people coming out. The Huckfest in general is dying. I'm lucky I got to go to a few good ones.

The other reason is that I think I'd like to go to the NJ FLI which is the week before...and I probably won't be able to get away from the homestead two weekends in a row.

I think I'm planning on heading over to Muncie sometime this summer by myself or with a few friends when nothing is going on and just flying all week.