• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
I dont mind posting. The ef edge is smoother and harriers easier. The 3DHS edge is much more maneuverable, tumbles better, pop tops better, and rolls faster. Both hover well. The 3dhs edge is lighter.
Even though the elevator on the ef edge is bigger its less effective than the 3DHS EDGE.

The ef edge feels like a 3D trainer. Its smooth, stable, and reacts slower to inputs.
The 3DHS edge is a high energy, responsive airframe for the more experianced pilot.

Well, I haven't flown the 3dhs 58" Edge, but I had both the 41" and 48", and still have the 74" Edge... and the biggest difference for me, is that with my flying style the EF birds (48" Edge and 60" Edge) harrier easier for me... which is probably because I suck and need those big SFGs to help me... Either way, they're both great airplanes, you can't go wrong with either brand! :)

Well i posted that i crahed my 51slick and had a battery die and crash my 71 slick. Killed 2 servos in both planes. I borrowed servos for the 71slick so l could get flying again. So all was going well until this morning when my 71 slick flew by me in a harrier and i smelled something burning. Sure enough my hv120 esc has let out the magic smoke.
So l am down 2 5085servos, 2 7985servos, and a hv120 castle esc. Not a good week for me. There went any plans for a 50cc plane is my near future. Man this sucks

SnowDog

Well i posted that i crahed my 51slick and had a battery die and crash my 71 slick. Killed 2 servos in both planes. I borrowed servos for the 71slick so l could get flying again. So all was going well until this morning when my 71 slick flew by me in a harrier and i smelled something burning. Sure enough my hv120 esc has let out the magic smoke.
So l am down 2 5085servos, 2 7985servos, and a hv120 castle esc. Not a good week for me. There went any plans for a 50cc plane is my near future. Man this sucks

Geez Matt, that is a rough week in anyone's book! Hopefully Hitec will repair/replace the servos?
I suppose Castle will replace the HV120 as well. I'm using a ZTW 120HV in my 65" Vyper...working great and no magic smoke!
So what do you have left to fly?
Hope you get it resolved soon.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Bummer Losi. :(

I haven't flown in over a month, but at least I haven't wrecked anything! Gotta look at the bright side! ;)

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Hey guys I could use some input. I'm in a dilemma as of which 3DHS plane to buy after selling a few planes and some UM gear. Ill have $600 in 2 months. My choices-
1-40" EPP Edge, Dx6I, RF6.
2- 47" Extra 300 SHP, Dx6i
3- 51 Slick
4-57 Extra 330SC

What should I do? Leaning towards the 57SC.........

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Hey guys I could use some input. I'm in a dilemma as of which 3DHS plane to buy after selling a few planes and some UM gear. Ill have $600 in 2 months. My choices-
3- 51 Slick
4-57 Extra 330SC

Don't waste your time with the dx6i, it's simply not a good radio.

SnowDog

3- 51 Slick
4-57 Extra 330SC

Don't waste your time with the dx6i, it's simply not a good radio.

Which radio do you currently have?

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Well I don't really need fancy programming. Just DR, expo, a few model memory, and mixing. I have no reason to buy a $300 radio when I can buy a used Dx6I for $60 (I have an offer for that much)

Snowdog- I have a Dx5e.