• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

quadracer

100cc
+1 on the bicycle brackets. Just make sure you screw them into a stud.... :D

I put some foam around the brackets to cushion the leading edge of the stabs also. I noticed on my 57 Extra, without the foam, it started to very slightly indent the edge.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I hang my 60" and smaller by the stab and have done of for a long time. Home Depot is your friend

Diggity

70cc twin V2
+1 on the bicycle brackets. Just make sure you screw them into a stud.... :D

I put some foam around the brackets to cushion the leading edge of the stabs also. I noticed on my 57 Extra, without the foam, it started to very slightly indent the edge.

I'm sure you don't have that problem with the 57 anymore. Hehe! :banghead:

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

It's my first hack at designing, cutting, and applying large vinyl, but I'm really happy with how it all came out!

For my new 87" Extra:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365734685.675281.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I gave my 70 slick some love Wed morning and it gave me a whole lot more back. I love this plane :D

Enjoy :D
[video=youtube;9rc7LUxtecI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rc7LUxtecI[/video]

hosam

70cc twin V2
wings and small foam planes go on a rack made from 2x4 and a 1/2" PVC pipe

for 60" or less airframes, they are mounted from the tail... a 2x4 with a 1/2" PVC pipe and foam.

for 7X" airplanes, I hang them by the landing gear using a bungee cord...

for 50CC or larger they sit on the ground or I hang them from the ceiling around the fuse using ratchet type strap ropes...

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 181

joshgluck

100cc
Re: 3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Thanks guys! I was inspired yesterday by all the pics and cleaned out the hangar. I'll get some after pics up when I get home from the field. Hung some peg board and think I can get 5 real planes in there.. Really need to sell off the others aka non 3dhs ones. If you know anyone in ny, pa, nj who is looking for glow send them my way.. Might have to hit the probro board to sell off the pa bad boy.

Anyways I'm at the field with one flight on the 42 slick and guess what? Yep grounded!
Kids are playing ball on the soccer fields which means we need a spotter and no one else is here yet. Hope another member shows up soon so I can maiden the 65 Vyper.. Also brought the 58 edge along for dome flying.

On another note.. DALE @ EPBUDDY - I love you man! Ordered Batts on Wednesday at 11pm and paid for express shipping, they arrived Friday less than 48 hours after I ordered.

I gotta whole bunch of 6s now to make the bigger birds happy... Just hope I can get some flights in before the wind gets obnoxious :)

Hope you guys who can are out at the field too.

Manta

70cc twin V2
"The more you know,the less you may seem like a douchebag on the forums. BAHAHAHAHAHA EPIC
This has been a psa from a really cool podcast i am listening to..
Oh yea,SEFF has a new contest..inverted tree peeing,panda style.. holy crap my ribs hurt...:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
"The more you know,the less you may seem like a douchebag on the forums. BAHAHAHAHAHA EPIC
This has been a psa from a really cool podcast i am listening to..
Oh yea,SEFF has a new contest..inverted tree peeing,panda style.. holy crap my ribs hurt...:)

yeah, forget Psy and Gagnam style, the new RC buzz will be "Panda Style"