• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Not sure if you're asking me or Kelley, but yes, today I was...

BUT, my Edge should have a DLE61 very soon :D Going to try that one out and compare.

My bad, I meant you Gary. I know Kelly has all the coolest nicest stuff in his! I've got a GP61 coming for me to do some testing of my own as they have been asking Tom to be a dealer for some time now. Will be nice to get first hand side by side testing on these engines as the interweb is often full of smoke...

gyro

GSN Contributor
My bad, I meant you Gary. I know Kelly has all the coolest nicest stuff in his! I've got a GP61 coming for me to do some testing of my own as they have been asking Tom to be a dealer for some time now. Will be nice to get first hand side by side testing on these engines as the interweb is often full of smoke...

Yep, true! We'll have to compare numbers. Get at least a 24x9 if not a 24x10 CF prop for the puppy, you'll need it.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Don't worry, Tom has a stash of Falcon 24x9's for me based on flight test results on the DLE61. 10 pitch props on this size are for the go fast / straight line guys. 8 and 9 are for punch and pull, and that's where I live!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Don't worry, Tom has a stash of Falcon 24x9's for me based on flight test results on the DLE61. 10 pitch props on this size are for the go fast / straight line guys. 8 and 9 are for punch and pull, and that's where I live!!

Hahaha, you're funny. I'll get you a vid of my 24x10 on my 92" going in a "straight line"
:p

The Mej 24x10TH is a great blend. I like it a little better than the 24x9. The Falcon 24x10 is a go fast prop.

Would using a 24x9 or 24x10 depend on if you're running a DA-60 or DA-70? I bought a Falcon 24x10 to use with my DA70/CARF 2.3m build but if I get another 60cc size airframe and run a DA60 or DLE-61 would I use a 24x9 size prop? Is there a prop guide somewhere I could reference? Still learning about how the prop lenght and pitch play into prop selection. Is the key to prop selection not to over-rev the engine based on the MFG specs?

Yowzilla

50cc
G0010504.jpgG0010483.jpg

Some shots of the Edge from a quad with my GoPro on it...and yes that is a 24x10. We need to see a 24x10 and a 24x9 on GP-61 vertical drag race.

Av8r RC

50cc
I personally like a 24 x 8 on my DA-60's. I don't care much about speed, but like the punch (and tips ripping) of an 8. I do need to try a 24 x 9 someday though. Only tried VESS 23B, 24B and Xoar 23 x 8, 24 x 8 (my fave right now) and 24 x 10. I have a NIP Falcon 24 x 8 I need to try.