• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

I have noise issues at some fields so running canisters would open up some more sights that I could fly this model at. I am already running the PTE-72 on stock mufflers and it is fairly loud. I would expect this motor to be a bit more power based on the numbers I have seen thrown around. Also at over $900 with mufflers, I am not sure this is a way I want to go when I have a DA-60/RE2 available on another airframe that could in turn take a much more inexpensive motor (93" Drastik).

Pipes are intriguing for the raw stupid power they would represent. The ES composites pipes are very light. That would push the cost factor up into DA-120 territory though.

Another thought is after I was playing with the PTE today and a big prop, this airframe is going to be well suited for speed and the RE2 setup yields good RPMs, where the twin offers more torque, which leads to bigger props, which introduces some other issues. I am uploading a video of what that big prop does to a heavier airplane than this one.

I built a 89 Slick electric last season. The Q80 is the way to go on a motor. I used a Emcotec switch to avoid shocking myself when I plugged in the batteries. 50V DC is not something to trifle with.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I built a 89 Slick electric last season. The Q80 is the way to go on a motor. I used a Emcotec switch to avoid shocking myself when I plugged in the batteries. 50V DC is not something to trifle with.

moved the last few posts to the main 92" thread...

by the way, there is another electric motor option soon to be released :)

joshgluck

100cc
There's another electronic motor option that I've been trying to release too ;-)
A used A60-18L! pm me if interested

gyro

GSN Contributor
is ken's motor getting close?

How did I know you'd pipe in here? :)

Yes, I suspect Ken's 50cc motor is getting close. I obviously can't speak for him, but it sure would be ideal for it to arrive in time for the winter builds for next year's flying season. ;)

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
How did I know you'd pipe in here? :)

Yes, I suspect Ken's 50cc motor is getting close. I obviously can't speak for him, but it sure would be ideal for it to arrive in time for the winter builds for next year's flying season. ;)

well i sure hope he gets it soon. id be in for one for sure. planning a 50cc electric project and right now planning on a q80