• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Looks good Gyro!! What prop you running? I have been very happy with the Vess 23A. Pulls out of a hover pretty well.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks good Gyro!! What prop you running? I have been very happy with the Vess 23A. Pulls out of a hover pretty well.

Thanks very much! I've got the Xoar Sword 23x8. I do need to try a Vess one of these days, have had that opportunity yet.

And in my hurry to bring her in from the car, I caught the counter balance on my rudder, and snapped all the hinges. Looks like I'll be busy fixing the rudder tomorrow. :(

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I got to spend some time with my 89 today as well. I spent the day working on it at my LHS. (just some winter maintenance)

89shop.jpg

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Thanks very much! I've got the Xoar Sword 23x8. I do need to try a Vess one of these days, have had that opportunity yet.

And in my hurry to bring her in from the car, I caught the counter balance on my rudder, and snapped all the hinges. Looks like I'll be busy fixing the rudder tomorrow. :(

Ouch! Nothing worse than hangar rash or damaging your plane when not even flying.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ouch! Nothing worse than hangar rash or damaging your plane when not even flying.

Tell me about it... especially after 2 successful flights today (which brings me to only 8 total flights of this plane, and gassers in general...)

I'm hoping my LHS has some elbow hinges, and that the wife will let me go look! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

p.b.

30cc
congrats gyro on remaiden on your 89. started to build my 89 fb today. retired red 89 after 3 years of hard flying.

P.B.