• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

wade

50cc
Made sure there was no sub trim, going to check the servos tomorrow. Right now I have them running through a y adapter, may end up running both on a separate channel

gyro

GSN Contributor
Made sure there was no sub trim, going to check the servos tomorrow. Right now I have them running through a y adapter, may end up running both on a separate channel

That would be a very good idea. :)

joshgluck

100cc
Wouldn't you have to program the endpoints on the servos in tandem like it was a dual aileron wing if running on a single channel? I don't think it's subtrim, but the fact that they probably have different endpoints etc.

njswede

150cc
I saw it with my own eyes and it was pretty impressive. Every single former was loose and/or cracked. No external damage, so I doubt it was from wing dragging or anything like that.

gyro

GSN Contributor
have any of you ever cracked the formers in your 87 wings? I was flying mine today and when I landed my wing didnt look right. Me and zmonster97 took a look and just about every former inside and the wing tube area was all cracked up. Not sure if the 87 have a known issue or not?

Sounds similar to the failure in the wing on my 72" Extra before it blew off...
Looking at the carnage afterward, the damage was similar to what you describe.

You're very lucky your IMAC plane wasn't destroyed.

dskuro95

100cc
Yes I am. Since the season is over I was told I could have at it. I guess I went at it too much.
Sounds similar to the failure in the wing on my 72" Extra before it blew off...
Looking at the carnage afterward, the damage was similar to what you describe.

You're very lucky your IMAC plane wasn't destroyed.

I need to know the length of the h. stab tube for the 87 extra. I had been using the one of my 89 slick and I don't know if they are the same length.

Thank you for your help.
Humberto

Yes I am. Since the season is over I was told I could have at it. I guess I went at it too much.

Do you have a picture of the actual damage? Sounds a little odd to me knowing what kind of stress I put that plane through.

Does though, sound similar to the break on Gary's plane when the wing separated. Would be interesting to know if this a recurring issue.

Thanks
Brian