• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary hit the nail on the head.

As for your battery situation you have a few options.

Fromeco wolverine switch, Smatfly Batt Share, MPI Miracle Switch, and Down and Locked RC from TBM also makes a batt share.

My preference is using a powersafe spektrum reciever. It has a built in redundant battery system.

Thanks Jacob. I also use the spektrum power safe in my big planes, but also currently use a MPI miracle switch, and have used a fromeco wolverine in the past. They all work well.

wade

50cc
Guys, just got around with balancing my 87 using the rope around the wing tube method. When picking the plane up, it is extremely tail heavy. I even went as far as two placce my two a123 batteries all the way up in the motor box and it still came up tail heavy. Anybody else have this issue with this plane? There isn't really anything I can move around, everything is already towards the nose.

aronph

70cc twin V2
the cg isnt on the wingtube...look in the manual for the 87 on the 3dhs website....its BEHIND the tube....i did the exact same thing....mark the bottom of the wing at the root about 200mm from the leading edge

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maybe I'm getting too lax... But I never checked CG on my 87" or the new 92" I built. Just put the parts in where most others did, and went flying.

Oddly enough, both came out perfect: very slight nose drop on 45 degree inverted up-line with 2/3rd throttle.

Bottom line: get out and fly it :)

G

Yes, my 87 came out tail heavy. No big deal adding weight if you can't get the CG where you want it by moving batteries around. Mine needed a lot of weight up front but still flies extremely light and forgiving. Do what you need to and burn gallon after gallon of premix!

Mike

wade

50cc
Got it balanced. One a123 battery in front of the rudder servo and one beside the fuel tank, then the 4.8v ignition pack in the motor box. Now I just have to figure out why one aileron has more travel than the other one when both are set at the same rates in my radio

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got it balanced. One a123 battery in front of the rudder servo and one beside the fuel tank, then the 4.8v ignition pack in the motor box. Now I just have to figure out why one aileron has more travel than the other one when both are set at the same rates in my radio

Does one have a different subtrim amount? Could they be on a different tooth on the servo spline?