• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

robj

70cc twin V2
A little cotter pin on the axle prevents all wheels from coming off. :) So handy bigfoot comes standard with the pin and predrilled hole now.

robj

70cc twin V2
When I smiths doing it it made sense, I did the 87 and 103 before the first flight. Not as hard as it looks. I set the collar, then drilled through the collar and shaft at once.

zmonster97

I didn't even use the collar. I just drilled a hole in the axle and put the pin through. I have a washer betwen the pin and wheel.

aronph

70cc twin V2
When I smiths doing it it made sense, I did the 87 and 103 before the first flight. Not as hard as it looks. I set the collar, then drilled through the collar and shaft at once.

using the collar as a drill guide...genius

robj

70cc twin V2
Been on for 80-90 flights now, about 99% concrete runway. I have some spares, eventually will put them on.

Attachments

• wheel-pin (2).JPG
    wheel-pin (2).JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 201
I have always ground a flat spot on the axle and use 2 collars per axle. I am going to try cutting some threads with a dye on my 103 Extra when I put it together.