• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

aronph

70cc twin V2
because mine is a fully broke in engine.....one of the guys I fly with had it in an 87 with a pitts muffler....I took the pitts off thinking the stock exhaust would be lighter...I tuned the engine so I would know where it was in the needle range and tuned the linkage and everything. The engine runs good, generates good power, idles just fine and transitions good but if I stay in the midrange for certain manuevers it gets burbly and untrustworthy.....I know it wont die but then the power output gets funny so I hafta pump the throttle when I need midrange (like slow KE passes and hovers/harriers).....the DA50 I had on my 89 wasnt like that...once I tuned it it was rock solid at any throttle setting and transitioned smoother....is this just because its a DLE or is there something everybody knows that I dont?