• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60cc Yak-55

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I recently bought the blue scheme at a fly in from 3d hobby shop. I will post some pics as i start the build. Its getting a da60, hi tec 7954's all around and a 9ch powersafe receiver. This will be the first 3d hobby plane ive owned.

SnowDog

sounds great! you will really like this plane, top quality and performance 3DHS airframe!
keep us posted and upload some pics!

what are some other airframes that you've owned?

clarkj

70cc twin V2
All ive mostly bought is aeroworks. Ive never had a plane built as good as them. They do cost more but always got good customer service from them

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
All ive mostly bought is aeroworks. Ive never had a plane built as good as them. They do cost more but always got good customer service from them

That's awesome feedback for Aeroworks. You will like the perfomance of the yak-55. A friend of mine has one and loves it. He unfortunately had some issue which i think have been worked out. The DA-60 really vibrates a lot in his plane so you may want to consider that when mounting and checking the plane often for things vibrating loose for a while until your confident and the 60 is broken in. The main issue he had was the cowl has come loose a couple times and once during flight. Which i show on a previous post but here it is again.

attachment.php

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I will keep a check on all bolts. Ive had 2 da 60's before this one and never had any issues with bolts coming loose. I ran a da50 for 3 years and seems like the 60 has no more vibration than the 50. I was going to go with a 70 but i had 2 different people to get the 60

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I know the DA60 and 3DHS Yak-55 are a great combo.... Enjoy and can't wait to see a build thread.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Not sure I'm going to get to building mine this season... Sooo much to do. Might keep it as a spare instead. 3 other 60cc's flying right now is probably enough... ;)

clarkj

70cc twin V2
image.jpg Got the elevator servos in today. Thats not far but its a start. I like the hangar9 arms so i bought 2" for the elevators as recommended

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Got the elevators finished. The hinges werent sealed so i sealed them. Put the landing gear on and rudder. Not sure what im going to do about the wheel pants. I saw one with a set of spats that were paunted blue to match and it looked much better than the supplied wheel pants. Dont get me wrong the pants that come with it are ok but i like the spats. image.jpg

clarkj

70cc twin V2
image.jpg does anyone have pics of their install on the engine/cowling? I think it needs air directed over the cylinder