• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

wedoitall

100 flights? Didn't you get that plane pretty recently? You must have a life outside of work and kids. How does that feel? :)

Ha yea. The kids go flying with me alot. Actually totalled the wattaplane day before yesterday. 219th flight. That was the 4th crash not counting LVC into a tree. 3rd major crash. Just have to get a new one i guess.

If i remember right i got the wattaplne round february or march

Demiseofthe58.jpgWanted: A fire extinguisher..........

weaser42

30cc
I never fly without a fire extinguisher these days. Had one when my 104 ESC went up and though it took a bit to get the plane and there was a fair bit of damage before I could get there, it's still flying. My buddy lost everything on his first 71" Slick when his ESC went up on the one day I forgot my extinguisher, we BOTH have one all the time now.

I never fly without a fire extinguisher these days. Had one when my 104 ESC went up and though it took a bit to get the plane and there was a fair bit of damage before I could get there, it's still flying. My buddy lost everything on his first 71" Slick when his ESC went up on the one day I forgot my extinguisher, we BOTH have one all the time now.

Yes. Lesson learned.

SnowDog

It was a rough day. The 74 will be flying again soon but the 58 had a great funeral. There is video of me smashing the burning pieces out.....

Yes. Lesson learned.

At the Cape G. FLI when the Monster Energy Slick (104 I think) fuel line cut loose from the carb it sprayed fuel all over the case and muffler and ignited...as he landed the dead-stick it started spewing smoke; the club ran out there with three fire extinquishers and two of them failed immediately. So don't forget to check the existinquishers from time to time as well!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sheeeeees baaaaaaaaaaack...

Thanks to Josh Gluck for the fuse, and to my crashed bird for the tail feathers. Took the easy route and kept the elevator intact.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374378324.508484.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374378380.337783.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374378457.027747.jpg