• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was showing off today at the field in front of some buddies with cameras.... Trying to HAKE and scrape the elevator like I have a dozen times before and... Cartwheel..... Pulled the left elevator off breaking the joiner and busting up a bit of the motorbox plus a bit of canopy and cowl scrapes. All in all not as bad as I expected. I have a joiner from a crashed 57 Extra and I hope it will fit. It will live to fly another crazy day!!

I was really having fun with this thing :) Pictures to follow later...

Dan, sorry about the crash! I've got a lot of parts left from my 58 that crashed. Let me know if you need anything. I saved the tail which was pristine.

From this..... 58 KE.jpg

To this......
58 KE Crash.jpg58 post crash 2.jpg58 Post Crash.jpg

wedoitall

Dan, sorry about the crash! I've got a lot of parts left from my 58 that crashed. Let me know if you need anything. I saved the tail which was pristine.

ha! I would say you shoulda sold it to me(pre-crash :D) but with my luck lately, im glad you didn't. I would like to get the 58 edge or the slick.

njswede

150cc
I keep falling in love with this plane the more I fly it. Although I'm flying it on 4s, it's got TONS of power and does spectacular pop tops and tumbles. Locks in nicely in hover and does perfectly axial KE spins around the wing tube. The Leopard 5055 is humming along nicely and shows no signs of disliking my abuse.

Setup:
Leopard 5055 720kv
ZTW Land Power 85A OPTO
ZTW BEC (don't remember which one right now)
HS-255MG