• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
I keep falling in love with this plane the more I fly it. Although I'm flying it on 4s, it's got TONS of power and does spectacular pop tops and tumbles. Locks in nicely in hover and does perfectly axial KE spins around the wing tube. The Leopard 5055 is humming along nicely and shows no signs of disliking my abuse.

Setup:
Leopard 5055 720kv
ZTW Land Power 85A OPTO
ZTW BEC (don't remember which one right now)
HS-255MG

The BEC is the 6a, 5/5.5/6.0v selectable I believe

njswede

150cc
I'm running a Leopard 5055/720kv (from Altitude Hobbies) on 4s with a 15x7. Pulling about 1100W. I wouldn't call it a pylon racer, but it's pretty adequate for every move I've tried. I thought I was going to upgrade to 6s at some point, but I'm quite happy with the motor, so I think it's a keeper!

SnowDog

Thanks for the welcome Swede. What's the setup on your 58" Edge? Mine thinks it's a pylon racer at WOT. Well, almost:) It's presently fitted with the Torque 4016T/500 MKII spooling a Xoar 16x8 on 5S. Just ordered some 16x7 props to try. Looking for a little more thrust for the slow-N-low stuff.

You might want to try a 15x7 on there for more thrust and easier slow and low stuff.

joshgluck

100cc
If I can get off this friggin Conf call for work I'm gonna start my build. Got everything for 42 slick and everything minus batteries for the 58 edge!

That motrofly 4315-480 is impressive just from its look and feel. Can't wait to fly it!!
On 6s what prop?

gyro

GSN Contributor
If I can get off this friggin Conf call for work I'm gonna start my build. Got everything for 42 slick and everything minus batteries for the 58 edge!

That motrofly 4315-480 is impressive just from its look and feel. Can't wait to fly it!!
On 6s what prop?

On the 58" Edge I'd run the 15x8.

joshgluck

100cc
Getting there
uploadfromtaptalk1364012375468.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Quick question

Is this plane supposed to include motor standoffs? I can't find them nor any with the 42 slick...

I don't remember this plane coming with any, but I'm not positive. I usually get my stand offs at Home Depot. They sell them in the hardware section, in little drawers next to the screws.

joshgluck

100cc
I don't remember this plane coming with any, but I'm not positive. I usually get my stand offs at Home Depot. They sell them in the hardware section, in little drawers next to the screws.

Any pics of the install with the motrofly? Head to lowest now