• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

Looking over my Yak I have found 1 ounce (4-1/4 oz lead weights) stuck just inside the bottom vent hole. Do any of you that fly the Yak had to add weight to get the CG correct? I haven't put it on the CG machine to check yet. As this was a consignment buy I wouldn't know why the original owner did it. I'll probably have to contact him to see why adding weight was necessary. Maybe it is a usual thing but don't think I've read anywhere of anyone adding weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looking over my Yak I have found 1 ounce (4-1/4 oz lead weights) stuck just inside the bottom vent hole. Do any of you that fly the Yak had to add weight to get the CG correct? I haven't put it on the CG machine to check yet. As this was a consignment buy I wouldn't know why the original owner did it. I'll probably have to contact him to see why adding weight was necessary. Maybe it is a usual thing but don't think I've read anywhere of anyone adding weight.

I didn't need to add weight to mine. Just used battery placement fore/aft for the desired flight characteristics/CG.

OK...got the Yak on my cg machine today. (weight removed) The cg, slightly nose heavy, with the 3S2200 snugged up against the wing tube is at 3.25". I like my planes slightly nose heavy. The ideal cg as stated on the instructions is "a little ahead of neutral." If this is the case mine is right on.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

sounds about right...these are very forgiving in terms of CG...you should be able to fly fine where it is and then adjust to taste from there!