• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

gyro

GSN Contributor
1/4 inch spacers re too long so looks like 3/32 should the the right length.

Did your kit include any? Most of the small 3dhs kits I've received has some little white/opaque spacers included in the hardware pack, and they seemed to be the perfect size.

On my first flights I'd like my 46" Yak to be docile. What high/low rate and expo settings would provide these flight characteristics? I'd just like to get it up in the air and do left hand turns for a while then move on to initial 3D training. With the very large control surfaces I would surmise surface movement for docile flight would be very little.

gyro

GSN Contributor
On my first flights I'd like my 46" Yak to be docile. What high/low rate and expo settings would provide these flight characteristics? I'd just like to get it up in the air and do left hand turns for a while then move on to initial 3D training. With the very large control surfaces I would surmise surface movement for docile flight would be very little.

for docile flying, just set up the low rates per the manual. It's really an easy flying plane. One of my local friends is also very much a 46" yak guy. Any advice [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION]?

for docile flying, just set up the low rates per the manual. It's really an easy flying plane. One of my local friends is also very much a 46" yak guy. Any advice [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION]?

Certainly the low rates on this baby make it a super smooth flier. Its no joke that Andrew Jesky helped design it. I actually used to like fliying it precise more than hucking it. Super awesome rollers with it too, with the round cowl.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Yep, low rates suggested will make a docile bird. It handles great with the sfg's. Also it is the only 48'' plane i ever had that landed almost hands off LOL. You will like it.

I've always set my other airplanes up by inch (or fractions of) control surface movements so by degrees threw me a little. I set up a protractor, 0 degrees in line with center line of aileron and elevator and was able to set the throws as called out in the manual. My DIY throw meter works pretty good.