• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 42" slick

maxx4wd

50cc
iphone backup 12-06-13 011.JPG

Buddy the elf decided that the 42" Slick was pretty awesome too...still don't know how he got himself into that canopy without assistance..:)

Pete

50cc
At one time, I had 3 42" Slicks! I still have the original 41" Blue Slick that was the prototype from AJ. Best small huck I have in my hanger!

maxx4wd

50cc
At one time, I had 3 42" Slicks! I still have the original 41" Blue Slick that was the prototype from AJ. Best small huck I have in my hanger!

This slick has taught me a lot and is pretty tough to boot. I'm looking for something bigger to handle the wind a bit better and I'm thinking either the 51 or 59 slick, just based on how well this bird flys.

danb448

New to GSN!
I recently landed my slick into a mailbox:facepalm: repaired it with my favorite method, popsicle sticks (hey kids, want some popsicles, i say to my children). Tried a new kind of covering, the parklite version of ultracote from horizon hobby. Diddnt think it would be nearly see thru. lol. I thought true red was the color. got that wrong. does anyone know? doesnt look as pretty but as long as i can keep crashing....er flying, I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Well, I always. Wanted a baby slick. Jumped on the pre order. Savox sh-0257 servos for sure. Have some packs. Will pick up some 1800's too. Not sure on motor yet. I may have something kickin' around. I just could not resist.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, I always. Wanted a baby slick. Jumped on the pre order. Savox sh-0257 servos for sure. Have some packs. Will pick up some 1800's too. Not sure on motor yet. I may have something kickin' around. I just could not resist.

Check out the sunnysky motors from
BuddyRC. I had one on my 42" slick back in the day. Great performance and price point

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Cool, I will check them out. I have a small Torque around here somewhere. May be too small though.
I have always had a thing for small planes. No logic in it. Maybe it is that is just how it was when electrics were just becoming a reality? Maybe because the guys that taught me to fly said little planes don't fly? Not that it requires explanation. I do remember spending more on a brushless system back in the day for a small plane that cost as much as a GP 61. So it is not cost. I guess they are just cool! I think this will be the best small one yet.