• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Newb, what's first?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I think he is deployed over seas. Search 3drc it should come up
Yep, Josh is an orthopedic (I think) surgeon in the Army. He just returned home a week or so ago. Great fellow!

I met him in TX about 10 years ago. At that time he was flying a large (35%) Extra on e-power. He has tons of vids on YouTube.

Cool. Thanks for the update guys. I was wondering where he's been. Hopefully he returned home safe and sound and he'll be getting back to flying soon.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Just saw a FB post....he's still in Europe. Not sure if Josh has flown much the past year or so.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Find the GSN Yak I/Terry made up a couple years ago and import that thing into RF7.5. It is a very good flying airplane to learn how to fly post-stalled.

That's the main thing with 3D is learning to fly the airplane in a post stall manner, and working that rudder/throttle in conjunction with aileron/elevator. Get your left thumb used to moving up and down and left and right so you'll be able to better control the airplane in high alpha.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Find the GSN Yak I/Terry made up a couple years ago and import that thing into RF7.5. It is a very good flying airplane to learn how to fly post-stalled.

That's the main thing with 3D is learning to fly the airplane in a post stall manner, and working that rudder/throttle in conjunction with aileron/elevator. Get your left thumb used to moving up and down and left and right so you'll be able to better control the airplane in high alpha.
Thanks Tanner, I'm sure I have those files somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I can't find too much about him other than he's from San Antonio, TX. Maybe someone on here from Texas knows him. Doesn't look like he's been too active on the other forums lately.

He was last stationed in San Antonio, but had a military transfer to Englad almost 4 years ago.