• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Newb, what's first?

BalsaDust

That makes sense my profile had a very thick wing

Yup what profile did you have? I would assume it might have been a swanyhouse mojo or primo. His stuff flys really good and the thick wing and lots of wing area makes it easy actually to learn low and slow stuff.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
One word @Bartman , CrackYak. Put a light set on it and fly it morning, noon and night.
:way_to_go:

@rollingharrier and his dad were set up right next to me at Joe Nall and the entire TwistedFoamys crew was there throughout the week. I'll get a Crack Yak at some point but for now I've got to conserve benjamins and use what I've got. If I can just go as far as possible with the 20cc profile plane I'd like to step up to 50cc from there with the DA-50 I've got on my shelf. AJ's new plane looks fun but we'll see where we're at when the time comes. I've got a lot of work to do here on top of learning some new tricks so I'll be busy the next couple of months trying to get it all where I want it to be.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Bart.....It was a small home made (blue builders foam) 200 watt electric that I practiced and practiced hovering with. Made a replica of it with RF 3.5 and flew it that way too. I finally got good enough that I could actually hold the real electric against the side of a building while hovering and then fly around trees and hover up to do some branch trimming with the prop lol.

As far as doing all out low and slow or high energy your going to have to have the right plane "you" feel most comfortable with. For me it was the 30% Pilot Edge that notched my 3D abilities up a good bit. Proof is in the pudding because my Edge is still flying after almost six years. Now this little 20cc Yak comes along and I decided to grow a pair and do water falls that let the tip of the rudder get oh so close to the ground! lol
20160516_145903.jpg

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yep, Josh is an orthopedic (I think) surgeon in the Army. He just returned home a week or so ago. Great fellow!

I met him in TX about 10 years ago. At that time he was flying a large (35%) Extra on e-power. He has tons of vids on YouTube.