• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

I went with omega 103 . Almost done with the build but seems that my xoar 13x6.5 will not work with the 40mm extreme flight spinner. What kind of spinner are you guys using with wooden props????

njswede

150cc
I'm using a 2" EF spinner with my Xoar 14x6. I also have a bunch of HobbyKing 51mm spinners on various planes with 13-14" props and they work great too. In fact, I think they're identical to the EF spinners.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
For spinners this size I am a bigger fan of the Great Planes aluminum back spinner over the EF. The are usually in stock at your LHS but the best part is that they stamp agressive hub texture that prevents the prop from spinning when you tighten down the prop so the spinner screw holes remain aligned after tightening.

Finished my shp build and got a chance to see how she does last sunday. This plane will harrier all day. I love the slow flight but was wondering what this bird would be like with a little more power. I am using the rec. Set up omega 103 with a thunderbird 54 amp esc. and xoar 13x6.5 prop.I am using 3c 2800 30c lipos. Like i said i love this plane but wanted to see what someone elses thoughts were on upping the motor to the omega 130. I would be using same esc . I was also thinking about just swaping the esc. With one that will run a 4c lipo. I just want a little more power as i like to have that instant punch if needed when in trouble. thanks,eric

Last edited by a moderator: