• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks guys....it's disease 
glee.png

Stang...the latches came from F3A Unlimited...  http://www.f3aunlimited.com/hardware-and-building/canopy-latches  looks like they're out of stock right now.  They are the highest quality latches I've seen.

Mikeq

150cc
I'm really enjoying this thread and can't wait to see what you have in store next...I'm sure that model will be as close to scale as you can possibly get...Earle you really got me interested in the Krills... I'm afraid if I did one I would be nervous as hell  to fly it not having any experience with composites...

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I have deviated from scale with a couple of things....primarily splitting the ailerons.  I'll get into those shortly. 

Don't be nervous....once you get used to working with composites, they're just as easy to repair....only different materials and glues.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pistolera said
Thanks guys....it's disease 
glee.png

Stang...the latches came from F3A Unlimited...  http://www.f3aunlimited.com/hardware-and-building/canopy-latches  looks like they're out of stock right now.  They are the highest quality latches I've seen.
Cool...thanks. Been wanting some of those. I hear F3A has a lot of really cool stuff. A friend of mine has a (I believe) 33% Katana. I have been wanting it and may just have to pick it up. Just cuz the Comps are so much better for smokin'.

Mikeq

150cc
Pistolera said
I have deviated from scale with a couple of things....primarily splitting the ailerons.  I'll get into those shortly. 

Don't be nervous....once you get used to working with composites, they're just as easy to repair....only different materials and glues.

Well when I pull the trigger I might be ringing your doorbell occasionally for help...Do the composites fly and feel different from the balsa planes? I guess when people who buy and sell composites and I see they are the second or third owner and the plane still looks like a new one it catches my attention...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq said
Pistolera said

Well when I pull the trigger I might be ringing your doorbell occasionally for help...Do the composites fly and feel different from the balsa planes? I guess when people who buy and sell composites and I see they are the second or third owner and the plane still looks like a new one it catches my attention...
Agreed! The one I am looking at looks brand new. Course it only has I think 11 flights on it. So, basically new. I would really like to get it, as it is basically turn key. Still, deciding on parts, purchasing and then installing all the hardware and adding your own little personal touches make it more personal. Plus, that is kind of half the fun for me. Don't know what I will choose.

-Rick-

100cc
Was just wondering if leaving the screws out of the canopy hatch will weaken the structure in any way? I see that you put carbon cross braces in, will that be enough? Reason I ask is because I like the way you have done it and would like to copy you!!!

Following along on another great build!! This one!!

Last edited:

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
Calling this an 'ARF BASH' is somewhat misleading. I would be inclined to refer to it as an 'ARF refinement.'