• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30CC Question...

The 74 is a completely different design from the 41 so they don't fly alike imo. You will love both airframes, I promise.

I always recommend against switches unless they are failsafe. Avoid using a choke servo, the extra weight and potential failure point is not needed.

Chad, keep in mind when flying OPP that the setup will make a big difference in how the plane feels to you. I could setup my 103 Extra so that it would feel like it flies horrible (been there, done that) but that would not be a true representation of how the airplane flies at all.

It's a hard thing to judge when looking at someone elses airplane but just something to keep in mind when you fly them. I was at an event and flew Bivens' 104 slick and realized that either I had something terribly wrong with my 103 Extra or it flew like a piece of crap. I didn't fly mine for the rest of the event. I took it home and reprogrammed all the servos and the next time I took it out it was like a brand new plane and felt just as nice as the 104 Slick.
Yeah, I'm hoping to fly both planes at Hucktoberfest with the same setup. I love both schemes, and I'm sure that I'll be happy with either plane, but I still would like to fly both.
The 74 is a completely different design from the 41 so they don't fly alike imo. You will love both airframes, I promise.

I always recommend against switches unless they are failsafe. Avoid using a choke servo, the extra weight and potential failure point is not needed.
Got it! Thanks Joe.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
When I say "setup" this refers to
Motor
Batteries
Servos
Servo voltage
Servo condition
Control surface linkage geometry
CG
Battery condition
We will assume assembly is correct
Engine condition
Prop
Prop balance
Airframe condition
Wiring, condition and how it's connected
Connectors

Am I missing anything? My only point is that all these things are important and can affect the flight performance of a plane. Just something to keep in mind

Motor
Batteries
Servos
Servo voltage
Servo condition
CG
Battery condition
Engine condition
Prop
Prop balance
Airframe condition
Connectors

Am I missing anything? My only point is that all these things are important and can affect the flight performance of a plane. Just something to keep in mind

Great post!!!!

Nope, the 48 and 74 are not the same design. The 74 is a more high energy oriented plane. It also rolls much quicker.

Hmmm, that is really all about practice. You need to be extremely comfortable with rollers in order to start inputting throttle at various times. The throttle should be inputted at knife positions which will cause the left gimble to make a "U" shape. I input throttle a lot more than that now though, it really helps with getting it low.

robj

70cc twin V2
Nope, the 48 and 74 are not the same design. The 74 is a more high energy oriented plane. It also rolls much quicker.

Never flown a 58 but I think the 58 and 74 are closer. I remember Noll saying at the FLI just some tweeks to get the 58 out. Which is why it came out so quickly I guess.

robj

70cc twin V2
Motor
Batteries
Servos
Servo voltage
Servo condition
CG
Battery condition
Engine condition
Prop
Prop balance
Airframe condition
Connectors

Hmmm, Pilot? :) James flew my 71 at the FLI to check out the setup, I haven't touched a thing and it hasn't flown like that since!! :)