• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30CC Question...

Hi Joe,
I'm planning my 30CC build out and I'm not really sure to go 74" Edge, or 72" Extra. I'm planning on going OS GT33 with HS7955TGs all around. Is the 72" Extra as "floaty" as the 119" Extra? Which plane is best for all around 3D and smooth flying (in what ways do they fly different?)? Lastly, does the 74" appear a lot bigger than the 72"?

Thanks Joe,
Chad

(sorry for the long question... This would be my first gasser, and I want to do it right :) )

Hi Joe,
I'm planning my 30CC build out and I'm not really sure to go 74" Edge, or 72" Extra. I'm planning on going OS GT33 with HS7955TGs all around. Is the 72" Extra as "floaty" as the 119" Extra? Which plane is best for all around 3D and smooth flying (in what ways do they fly different?)? Lastly, does the 74" appear a lot bigger than the 72"?

Thanks Joe,
Chad

(sorry for the long question... This would be my first gasser, and I want to do it right :) )

The cool thing about this situation is that there is no wrong way to do it. Both planes are truly incredible. This is a very hard question for me though because I absolutely love both the edges and the extras. I have a lot more time on the 74 so I prefer it over the 72. They both track very well, 3d very well, ect....One is not better than the other imo. Just pick the color scheme you like the best and you will be good to go, no doubt.

Feel free to ask any questions about setup, ect.. since this will be your first gasser. It's quite a bit different from setting up a small electric.

The cool thing about this situation is that there is no wrong way to do it. Both planes are truly incredible. This is a very hard question for me though because I absolutely love both the edges and the extras. I have a lot more time on the 74 so I prefer it over the 72. They both track very well, 3d very well, ect....One is not better than the other imo. Just pick the color scheme you like the best and you will be good to go, no doubt.

Feel free to ask any questions about setup, ect.. since this will be your first gasser. It's quite a bit different from setting up a small electric.

Would you say the 74" flies anything like the 41" Edge? I love both schemes so I can't decide that way... I guess Ill have to fly both at Hucktoberfest then decide! Ill just start gathering equipment now... First up, OS GT33 and Servos.... do you recommend any switches? And should I run manual choke? Or via a servo?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Joe I just ordered the 72" Extra to "build" my first gasser with. (My 89" Slick doesn't count as I got it RTF)
So... I'll be following this thread closely also.

RedTalon

50cc
Joe I just ordered the 72" Extra to "build" my first gasser with. (My 89" Slick doesn't count as I got it RTF)
So... I'll be following this thread closely also.

I've decided to go gas on my 74 and it will be my first dead-dino burner as well. I'm very excited about learning something new... following and soaking up as much as I can.

robj

70cc twin V2
I have the 74 and 72 in e form. I love the Edge, wish list is a 60cc!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can wait, going 87. 72 truely is a nice all around plane, tracks super. Edge looks super. Edge IMO more floaty than the 72.

The more I fly m 72, the more I like it.

I have the 74 and 72 in e form. I love the Edge, wish list is a 60cc!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I can wait, going 87. 72 truely is a nice all around plane, tracks super. Edge looks super. Edge IMO more floaty than the 72.

The more I fly m 72, the more I like it.

Are you coming to Hucktoberfest? And If so, are you bringing both? :D I'm sad I can't make it out to Shreveport this weekend. I'd have loved to come.

robj

70cc twin V2
Big 10-4. Hope to have the 87 by then...and flying. Could be tight, have the funds, just need a plane. I'll also have my trailer build by then, so a bunch of the planes will make the trip.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Chad, keep in mind when flying OPP that the setup will make a big difference in how the plane feels to you. I could setup my 103 Extra so that it would feel like it flies horrible (been there, done that) but that would not be a true representation of how the airplane flies at all.

It's a hard thing to judge when looking at someone elses airplane but just something to keep in mind when you fly them. I was at an event and flew Bivens' 104 slick and realized that either I had something terribly wrong with my 103 Extra or it flew like a piece of crap. I didn't fly mine for the rest of the event. I took it home and reprogrammed all the servos and the next time I took it out it was like a brand new plane and felt just as nice as the 104 Slick.