• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Finished putting in the flying wire tabs and started putting the sheeting on the bottom of the wing. Once the sheeting on the bottom of the wing is done I can put the leading edge cap on get it rounded off. The Servo bays and the ailerons will follow.

177.jpg

Attachment block for the flying wire tab near the fuse.

178.jpg

Flying wire tabs through the top of the sheeting, these will be on either side of the fuselage.

179.jpg

180.jpg

Flying wire tabs.

181.jpg

The outer flying wire tab near the N strut attachment.

182.jpg

Sheeting the bottom of the wing.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well I've inhaled enough balsa dust today that I sneezed out a Guillows kit, but I have the wing tips finished, the leading edge on and shaped and the aileron cove block in. All that's left to finish the bottom wing is a couple pieces of sheeting on the bottom center section, servo bays for the aileron servos, the ailerons themselves and then finish it off with cap strips.... SOOO about 75% done and 75% to go! ;)

184.jpg

Center support for the tip bow, I didn't want to put this in but the bow was just a little flexible and I was worried that Koverall would pull on it and screw the shape up. I scalloped them so that they won't touch the covering so when the airplane is finished, no one will know they are there.

185.jpg

With the leading edge on I took the tip bow down to the final shape.

186.jpg

A little bit of balsa putty and go over it with some 220 grit and I think I'll be happy with it.

187.jpg

Top of the wing is ready to get the servo bays done and cap stripped.

188.jpg

2 more pieces of 3/32" sheeting on the bottom center section to finish the sheeting. I just couldn't inhale any more balsa!! lol

Bipeguy03

150cc
Got the sheeting finished this afternoon and started on the aileron servo bays. I built a frame out of spruce and basswood, put that caps on the ribs, then made the hatch cover out of lite ply. The servo will be mounted on its side to the cover.

It's a tight fit, but it will all go in there!

189.jpg

The frame made from basswood and spruce. The for hatch screws will go into the spruce gussets.

190.jpg

Hatch sitting in place, still have to mount the servo and get the slot cut for the servo arm.

191.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I got the aileron servo bay finished, there is definitely no room to spare!!! Now I just need to do it again.

192.jpg

Mounts made.

193.jpg

It's a tight fit, and it takes some wiggling to get it in the hole, but then again I don't intent to take it out much!

194.jpg

I didn't have any #4 flush screws so I used some button heads for now. The two center screws hold the mounts in place. I will epoxy them in, and cover over them to hide them when I finish the model.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Got the other aileron servo bay finished this evening and started working on finishinig the ailerons themselves. I also started playing around with making my own control horns for the ailerons. I didn't want to use to bolt type, grampa used Dubro nylon horns (because that's all there was in 1980), and I didn't want to use them either.

This may not be the final version of the horn, I'm contemplating making them out of some of the .025 steel I have. I'm going to do a pull test on these first, if they pass I'll might just go with them. I doubt they would fail before the balsa aileron would though!

195.jpg

196.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the other aileron servo bay finished this evening and started working on finishinig the ailerons themselves. I also started playing around with making my own control horns for the ailerons. I didn't want to use to bolt type, grampa used Dubro nylon horns (because that's all there was in 1980), and I didn't want to use them either.

This may not be the final version of the horn, I'm contemplating making them out of some of the .025 steel I have. I'm going to do a pull test on these first, if they pass I'll might just go with them. I doubt they would fail before the balsa aileron would though!

View attachment 90000

View attachment 90001
Wont be long you'll be covering!