• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 20cc Giles 202 Profile

Alky6

150cc
View attachment 98803
Short kit is complete.
View attachment 98804
@Alky6 this is the difference in those two blades as I picked up some more of the good ones today. Both are cut across the grain. The left is the lesser tooth count blade and me moving slow making the cuts. The right is the better blade and I moved pretty quick cutting it.
View attachment 98805
Stab being sheeted on one side once cured I will trim it and sheet the other side as well View attachment 98806
Stab and elevator
Thanks for the comparison. Pretty significant difference between how the blades cut cross grain!

BalsaDust

IMG_1049.JPG

Fuse is coming together. Still gotta cut the rest of the hardwood rails for the servos. It's only a 1/2" fuse but seeing it all together it seems really beefy so I may need to see where I can trim some weight. Really need it to hit the target of 7lbs or less.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 98809
Fuse is coming together. Still gotta cut the rest of the hardwood rails for the servos. It's only a 1/2" fuse but seeing it all together it seems really beefy so I may need to see where I can trim some weight. Really need it to hit the target of 7lbs or less.
I just weighed my profile plane it a 20cc class and its weight is 7 lbs 6oz. I could bring it down to 7 lbs 1oz if I took off the aluminum wheels and put a pair light plastic sponge wheels. But I fly of a sod farm and any thing less than 3 1/2 inch wheels will not work. If you come in under 7 lbs it should fly good with a 20cc.

BalsaDust

Up to 7-1/2 a dle20 still has good power. Mine was originally on a 8-1/2lb slab and pulled it quite well but other that flew think I got lucky and that my 20 is a little stronger than others.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Up to 7-1/2 a dle20 still has good power. Mine was originally on a 8-1/2lb slab and pulled it quite well but other that flew think I got lucky and that my 20 is a little stronger than others.
I just built a Funtana last week and test flew it Monday it came in at 10 lbs 2 oz it was useless it is now stripped and all the equipment is back in the profile plane. I thinks I need a 35 cc on the Funtana to make hang on the propeller.

BalsaDust

Yes they need to be there. Needs to be something for the tube to glue to. Lots of bros actually run that piece of balsa through the router to profile it and have it hug tight to the tube. I thought about doing it but didn't feel like clearing my router table to do it.