• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got another piece of the front end glued in it, it is a slow process when using wood glue. Every 45 minutes a piece gets added. Making sure every piece is in place and clamped in tight.

6A90CD64-868F-45C5-BBD7-60E8D71D95EB.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the second plywood plate glued to the other side. Leave it overnight and see what I have tomorrow morning. That should be it for the front motor mount. Now I can get into building the stick fuselage.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Are your building weights from a large roller bearing? Is Gorilla glue your go to? Never tried it myself.
Yes you are correct the rollers you see are from a rolling mill main back up roll bearings.
And yes again over years I keep going back to Gorilla glue it seems to work the best for me and one thing I like it sands well and does not clog up the sanding blocks. But it does not get as brittle as others.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The carbon tube is glued into the motor mounting plate. That took quite some time and had to keep plugging tiny little holes the epoxy seeped out. Stood the part up and then keep filling epoxy into the top until it stooped disappearing. That took awhile but had to make sure that the tube and motor plate were connected properly.

C13406C8-B5AF-4182-8890-F05A9980C74E.jpeg

BalsaDust

Did you just bend the LE stick to match the angle on the center support? If so I like it and will try that on my next build. I have always just cut and glued two separate sticks.

Helpful hint for when you build the elevator. Have the tristock on hand you plan to use in the hinge line area. Use a couple scraps of it to properly space the elevator and stab apart. Also use a straight edge along the LE of it jutting out just a bit so you can lay your LE sticks on the counterbalance right up against it and then it will all perfectly line up. Along the same line whatever you want your gap to be between the side of the stab and the counterbalance just lay some scraps in there to keep an even spacing.