• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc DHC-2 "Beaver" Kit Build from Moustache Model Works

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Painted the deep blue on the cowling and canopy. A lot of tedious masking to get me to this point.

next up is the light blue stripe on the bottom and flat black on the tops

D9F0E2E1-8BF2-43B6-8AEF-497191BFD836.jpeg 1A2F55B6-6348-497E-8751-EA95DF6DD2AD.jpeg 2F707D97-C25C-466F-AE3B-61BB48408A11.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

I’ve been following David’s work designing and building the prototypes. He anticipates selling them this fall. Boy do they look great. I think I read the kit price for the beaver was going to be around $175 - which includes the struts. The floats are scale, so I’m curious to see how they translate to a model. I have a pair of Seaplane Supply 38-40”? Floats sitting here. They will not look very scale but they will perform great. Need to finish the plane and see what my next move will be.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I’ve been following David’s work designing and building the prototypes. He anticipates selling them this fall. Boy do they look great. I think I read the kit price for the beaver was going to be around $175 - which includes the struts. The floats are scale, so I’m curious to see how they translate to a model. I have a pair of Seaplane Supply 38-40”? Floats sitting here. They will not look very scale but they will perform great. Need to finish the plane and see what my next move will be.
Looks like he has done a nice job on the floats, and the struts look nice. Sure would put the finishing touch on your Beaver.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
They do look great. Know of a source for streamline tube? Looking for the stuff Seamaster use to sell.
I have some old stock from K&S, but not sure where one would buy it today. For my Otter (I know I know, It's not done yet either) I made some music wire struts and was planning on designing and 3D Printing struts that will snap/glue onto the wire.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Decided where to put my tech aero. Under the right front seat. Made a relief exit hole in the front and a hole in the floorboard to run the wire underneath to the Rx.
2DF69A0C-F9D0-4402-BDA1-B63554D7C383.jpeg 5ECB9859-2946-431A-97DB-1E5CE86D8C84.jpeg

Made relief cutouts for the elevator and rudder clevises.
3AFD8DBF-28B6-44BD-9892-FDFB583AF58F.jpeg

I’ve been clear coating the cowling, ended up with a bad run on my last coat. Sanded it down and re-coated with success. Just needs to cure. The I can add my flat black on the top of the cowl and canopy.