• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 Chattanooga 3D Jam - August 22, 23 and 24

Bunky F. Knuckle;10382 wrote: I flowed my Laser on 30C 3700's today. My electric motor didn't shut down..... I'm only at 86A with my set up. I wish ECalc had the Torque motor specs in the program.....

HobbyKing junk batteries. Unless your batteries aren't capable of supplying adaquete amperage to the ESC/motor combo you have, then yes, you quite possibly over amped your packs. 30C x 3300mAh..... That comes to 99A. And you aren't coming close to 99A on that Torque/AirBoss set up that EF sells.
I'm not running Hobby King batteries in the Laser. Never have.

Thanks. As you know, that was only my second attempt at videoing with the quad. It will get better with practice. Crackerhead and Tarzan put on quite a show with the BIG Sbachs. I hope that Chris uploads the video that he shot from the ground.

We sure had a great time this weekend, and I want to thank ALL of the Chattanooga guys and gals for the hospitality. That's why we haven't missed a Jam in seven years.:smile-new:

DSC01400_zps8cd5d74a.jpg

DSC01403_zpsfdf5ce7d.jpg

DSC01404_zps8dbc74a7.jpg

DSC01409_zpse53ffa6d.jpg

At 11:40 we took a break, lined up the planes on the runway and let all the visitors come look at the planes up close.

I had one child start asking questions so I opened up the canopy so he could see the interior and soon had a gaggle of children. Well I couldn't pass up the opportunity to peak the interest of the next generation of 3D greats so I grabbed my transmitter, turned on the switches and let the kids take turns working the sticks and seeing how the control surfaces moved. That was the highlight of the day, seeing the kids so interested in it. Maybe we'll get some new modelers out of it!

With this being the first fly-in I've attended, I don't know if they all do this, but I think it was a fabulous idea and I hope they all do!

20140823_114622_zps9c7f2105.jpg

DSC01395_zps5b099be7.jpg

DSC01397_zpsdfd07cd9.jpg

DSC01398_zps45b0f1e9.jpg

DSC01399_zps871aa023.jpg

DSC01410_zps0102fefd.jpg

DSC01411_zpsebc7c42d.jpg

DSC01412_zps99c89ca8.jpg

DSC01414_zpsdc0d8f96.jpg

Possum

30cc
Awesome pictures BJ !! It was nice meeting you and glad you picked the Jam to be your first fly-in.. we always have a great time along with great people and good food.

Thanks.

Colton was covering the Jam for for that other site and has a ton of great pics as well. Here's a link (I don't expect I'll get points for a link) ;-)

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91978

bigblueswope;10613 wrote: Thanks.

Colton was covering the Jam for for that other site and has a ton of great pics as well. Here's a link (I don't expect I'll get points for a link) ;-)

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91978

I'll be sure to talk to Sleepy about getting you some points. LOL. Also, that is the first time that I can recall ever putting the airplanes out on the runway for kids ( of all ages) to look at them up close. We have been to a lot of fly-ins, and I think that it was a really good idea. We talked to quite a few people, who would have otherwise just sat under the pavilion. Good idea, whoever came up with it.