• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 Chattanooga 3D Jam - August 22, 23 and 24

9992=3660-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408810503.186573.jpg
9992=3660-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408810503.186573.jpg

Bunky F. Knuckle;10252 wrote: I'd say the ESC hit thermal limit and shut down. Happened today with a friend of mine and his heli. High humidity and 85F ambient air temp...........
I had a suggestion that my batteries may not be the advertised 30C. This was proven later after a 8-9 minute long flight in the Carbon Cub with the other pair of (identical) batteries. They were puffed like marshmallows.

We had a blast today, however we left right before the storms hit. Rode all the way home in the rain. Hunter got a ton of pics, Ill try to upload them tomorrow

Yak Attack;10253 wrote: I had a suggestion that my batteries may not be the advertised 30C. This was proven later after a 8-9 minute long flight in the Carbon Cub with the other pair of (identical) batteries. They were puffed like marshmallows.

Thats what you get running that HobbyKing junk..... If you had some Glacier packs, you wouldn't have smashed your Laser....

I flowed my Laser on 30C 3700's today. My electric motor didn't shut down..... I'm only at 86A with my set up. I wish ECalc had the Torque motor specs in the program.....

HobbyKing junk batteries. Unless your batteries aren't capable of supplying adaquete amperage to the ESC/motor combo you have, then yes, you quite possibly over amped your packs. 30C x 3300mAh..... That comes to 99A. And you aren't coming close to 99A on that Torque/AirBoss set up that EF sells.