• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 3DRCForums 3D Freestyle Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The competition(s) for next year will be called:

3DRCForums 3D Showdown(s)

We will have at LEAST one...

Lets keep the discussion going! What kind of prize for 1st place would you like to see?

I like the "at LEAST one..."
First prize- an airframe in the competition category (30cc) would never be a bad idea. Of course a plaque for the "love me wall" is always good.

Ultimate goal could be regional smaller events with winners (based on number of regional events to determine top 1,2 or 3 in each) to go to a centrally located "final". Gary gets cred for this suggestion, I'm just throwing it out there.

My personal goal is to get a feel for the interest in the Northeast region and try to do one or more casual little gatherings during the year. Perhaps even "Sim" one in the winter!

Last edited by a moderator:

dskuro95

100cc
Just a suggestion:

I think someone said this earlier(may have been you Gary), but possibly set it up with regional events? So this way, if you win in your region, you can travel a decent distance since it will then be worth while. Because I feel that say, someone messes up as bad as I did, it was not a huge waste of time and $$$.

I think a first place prize of either a 30cc air-frame or even a 50cc air-frame would be cool. I am thinking maybe a 50cc so that this way, for those who stick with something smaller now have an opportunity to go bigger. It is not exact, but with the airframe bought, it is almost like buying another 30cc air-frame.
The competition(s) for next year will be called:

3DRCForums 3D Showdown(s)

We will have at LEAST one...

Lets keep the discussion going! What kind of prize for 1st place would you like to see?

njswede

150cc
I agree with you Dan. I think we're all on the same page that it should be held in connection with an event for a number of reasons. It's also easier to attract spectators to a fly-in combined with a contest than just a contest.

I like the idea of getting a "step up" airframe or possibly power plant like a 60cc engine. The issue with doing a final event is that by the time you do the regionals, the people might have time constraints. What might be a good idea is to have a trailing final event.

Say run the regionals next summer and have the "finals" early in the next season to kick off the next one. This way the finalist have all winter to get a plan into place of how to travel to said event, and if they drop out, allow the 2nd place person to go.

This would also play into the idea of having it be truly amateur to a path towards something larger.

Last edited by a moderator:

dskuro95

100cc
Good idea Matt, but I feel it should be in the same season, so that this way the routine is fresh in your head and you can practice it. In the winter you will not really be able to practice due to the weather. Also, then they would not have the time over the winter to create a new routine for next season.
I like the idea of getting a "step up" airframe or possibly power plant like a 60cc engine. The issue with doing a final event is that by the time you do the regionals, the people might have time constraints. What might be a good idea is to have a trailing final event.

Say run the regionals next summer and have the "finals" early in the next season to kick off the next one. This way the finalist have all winter to get a plan into place of how to travel to said event, and if they drop out, allow the 2nd place person to go.

This would also play into the idea of having it be truly amateur to a path towards something larger.

Any kinda prize sounds better than a $12 plaque. :p

We know quite a few eastern US fields from SC up to NY that we could ask about hosting.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Any kinda prize sounds better than a $12 plaque. :p

We know quite a few eastern US fields from SC up to NY that we could ask about hosting.

That would be awesome, thank you!

(And we'll include the $12 plaque with the top prize!)

It's awesome to see this community come together to make this competition a reality!

dskuro95

100cc
I know a couple as well I could ask as well if you want me too
That would be awesome, thank you!

(And we'll include the $12 plaque with the top prize!)

It's awesome to see this community come together to make this competition a reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.