• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20 cc Edge 540 ARF Assembly.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I know this is an old thread but hoping to get some insight. I purchased this same plane and the build instructions are lacking. Did you use a single servo on the elevator or duel? The kit came with 4 horns in the elevator pack and feels like there are servo mounting points on both sides of the fuselage, how ever all the pictures I can find and the instructions only show a single servo?
Cool looking little fella.:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'l be sure to dial her down for the maiden until I know what she'll do.
Just my .02 cents worth, turn them up and use expo. Use a very light touch. I would rather have A LOT of throw on my surfaces and be able to save a plane than to have too little throw and not be able to save it because I didn't have enough. So many times I have watched planes "go in" on a maiden because the plane didn't have enough control surface throw. I bet I can't count on both my hands ten times over. If they had just put just a teeny tiny bit more control on the surface. Sport and aerobatic planes are ok with tons of throw with a light tough on the sticks. Jets and go fast planes, whole different world.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Just my .02 cents worth, turn them up and use expo. Use a very light touch. I would rather have A LOT of throw on my surfaces and be able to save a plane than to have too little throw and not be able to save it because I didn't have enough. So many times I have watched planes "go in" on a maiden because the plane didn't have enough control surface throw. I bet I can't count on both my hands ten times over. If they had just put just a teeny tiny bit more control on the surface. Sport and aerobatic planes are ok with tons of throw with a light tough on the sticks. Jets and go fast planes, whole different world.

My method exactly and for the same reason. I messed with dual and triple rates when I first started flying because everyone told me that’s the way it’s done. Cost me a couple planes. :( After that, I did things my way. Full throws, a little expo and a light touch.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would agree with you guys normally and I do the same but this little 20cc plane is small and disproportionately larger ailerons and elevators and very shortly coupled I can tell you the first time I flew this plane it was hand full to fly all I could do to get it down. My friend put it in with in 100 ft from take off he was all over the place and lost it. The one I built was able to do 56 degrees up and down on the elevator and ailerons. And after one season I still have not maxed out the throws getting close but not fully. All that I am going to say is be very careful on the first flight.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok got a picture for of the bell crank that replaced the servo. If you look carefully you can see were the servo was. Hope that helps you. Need more info just ask.
E40613D1-4D3E-4992-8C0B-B10D33BD3192.jpeg
2A1E3ABA-9C10-4599-A18D-B548408C297E.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes that is correct it comes out the left side. Small button non glued to the end of the rod and it is pulled and pushed to operate the choke.