• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for all the replies on all the planes that I do have I only remove stabilizers when I need to do maintenance or fix something. It just a hole lot easier to take it down to the basement, but other than that they never come off. It is something I should keep in mind while building the plane

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What does the full scale plane have there?

Just curious, how often do people actually remove removable horizontal stabilizers??
I am not that knowledgeable on scale Extra’s I am sure there are a number of GSN members that do. Will see if I can find some full size pictures.

WMcNabb

150cc
I am not that knowledgeable on scale Extra’s I am sure there are a number of GSN members that do. Will see if I can find some full size pictures.

Couldn’t really tell from all the photos, so I looked through one of Extra’s maintenance manuals and found the image below. Hope that helps.

9B63BDF2-F048-4D4F-A57C-842E23A3EB32.png

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got started on making two new S1 ribs for the stabilizers. Made drawing and glued two pieces of 3mm 5 ply plywood together. Wait for the glue to dry and then do some cutting and shaping. Once that is done I can continue to build the stabilizers.
DD7310E2-93E3-407E-8BF9-A5B3EC0D6378.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Here are a couple of real 330L pics. Looks as if the stab "butts" up against the side of the fuse where the fuse side is starting to "round" at the top. Also looks as if there is a "former/cover" that streamlines the compound surfaces of both horiz / vert stabs.

extra300l_g-iiex.jpg
oy-lae-1.jpg

Last edited: