• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did a little number crunching this morning to see what I would like it to weigh. Working from a WQL of 8.5 the plane should not weigh more than 21 to 22 lbs, so this will be my target if possible. Measured the cowl and the front end of the fuselage and a DA 100 and a 120 will fit within the cowl. Will have to be careful on how I split the cowl for the 120.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Did a little number crunching this morning to see what I would like it to weigh. Working from a WQL of 8.5 the plane should not weigh more than 21 to 22 lbs, so this will be my target if possible. Measured the cowl and the front end of the fuselage and a DA 100 and a 120 will fit within the cowl. Will have to be careful on how I split the cowl for the 120.
Cowl splitting can be a bit unnerving, but not really all that bad.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
As BalsaDust said let the glue fly. Well today I made start and would you know it had to make the sheeting for the stabilizer and rudder first. Well it is edge glued and will sand it smooth tomorrow on one side and rough sand the other. Getting all the edges straight and no gaps takes time and patience.
I use wood glue because it sands better and smooth, not left with hard ridges.
09FE7E2D-CB8B-4F4A-A54A-1430FCB124E6.jpeg