• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ 112 Champion mounting

Looks like I "may" get my carb arm tomorrow... If so, I might be able to get a little fire into this 112 Friday eve or Sunday... I know Joe said that he has carb arms in house, but I went with the G10 arm that Vital sells. I know Justin, and I know that it works.

The arm that Vial sells, it works for a bottom draft carb, not a rear induction. A little presidential solutioning and I made it work. I just happened to think about this....... Could just flip the arm over, and try it that way..... Got to thinking about it, and it wouldn't work either... So, my presidential solution will have to work for now.

Hind site is always 20/20. Either should have made my own, or bought one from Joe. But I have it on and throttle is set up, just need to get my tank in and new fuel lines from TailDraggerRC. I will be using a home made FiJi tank that I made years ago, not a super duper sweet TDRC tank. The TDRC tank is already installed in my Corvus.

Maybe Sunday I can get some fire into this engine.

Attachments

• 20151105_170646.jpg
    20151105_170646.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Feelin ok. I get to working on stuff around the house, and I lose interest in it in about 45 minutes. Not because of my injuries, but it feels like Im losing interest in RC altogether.

I have an infant, dude. I kinda do like seeing him and all around having fun with him. ;) So, RC is taking a back seat this winter to hang out with him. I may hit the golf dome once in a while to fly indoors, but that is yet to be determined. Indoor season here starts next weekend. My Blade 180 is fixed and my SB Models Slick 540 is on its 3rd indoor season. I have 2 Yakhoi's that I need to have finished out and painted. Do't even want to do that.

But, I skipped out on running this engine Sunday, inlieu of having some "Aroma" therapy. :) Felt good to sniff spent gun powder, again. Even shot off 6 rounds in dads Mosin 1940 Russian sniper rifle.

Maybe I can get dad up here this weekend, and we can light some fire into the 112, after work on Sat. :(

With some luck, my 112 will take its first breath today. I know Ive been saying that alot lately, but dammit, its a nice day out today. And I think I should fire up that 112!

Guess I still need to finalize ignition mounting and set the pick up on the engine.