• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wire tensioners

Smitty

50cc
Does anyone other than Seacraft make wire tensioners for the pull-pull on the rudder. I like the Seacraft but the ones I looked at have mm bolts that go into the servo arm. I am getting all 4-40 ball link with my kit, can you just change out the end pieces.---Smitty

Smitty

50cc
I went to SWB's website , their product looks like it will do the job, but I really like the looks of the Seacraft installation. Guess I will have to figure something out. ---Smitty

Dan767

70cc twin V2

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Does anyone other than Seacraft make wire tensioners for the pull-pull on the rudder. I like the Seacraft but the ones I looked at have mm bolts that go into the servo arm. I am getting all 4-40 ball link with my kit, can you just change out the end pieces.---Smitty
You can also drill and tap the arms for 3mm. Takes about 3 minutes

Smitty,

I replaced everything with Secraft products, the ball links the came with your ARF have some slop in the ball link, Secraft ball links are great quality. Don't forget to include a small washer on top of the ball links, you'll need longer screws too. And loctite on everything metal, and include a nylon insert nut on everything plus a little loctite.

I also changed the cowl washers with sealing/bonding washers. I have a bunch from RTL, send me address and I'll send you some for 4-40 bolts.

Smitty

50cc
Thanks for the info Bill. I have always used nylon locknuts on the back of everything that screws in, haven't had a failure yet . Just can't be too lacks on stuff being secure. The 4-40 bolts and sealing washer, the Ace Hardware store here has them, but thanks for the offer.---Smitty