• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Why do you use HV and / or why don't you?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I have been running HV unregulated from 2S LiPo's and the only chattering I had was with 7955's. Since changing to Savox 1256's and later to the 1270's I have not had any chattering.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Anybody that needs them needs to give us a call, we can only send out what you need. You can reach us at:

858 748 8440

I can only give each person what they need, can't give out extras. You can ask for me (Tanner) if you don't want to speak with anyone else.
Tried calling and got the closed message. Can I just PM you my info?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
7-4:30 is our summer hours, why that popped up I have no idea because those hours don't start until May- winter hours are 8-4:30 m-f. We are here now though, give us a call.

Last edited:
Ahh, crap your missing the question. This is for a plane that has standard voltage, just changing battery technology only and looking to regulate to 6.6 volts.

Anyway, I got my answer after a couple hours on the phone with a couple of good friends here is what I am going to do:

1 - Buy one whole set of HV servos and run unregulated LiPo and power safe
2 - Set up one of my existing planes with Fromeco Ions, a Fromeco Reg and the power safe RX

This will allow me to compare all three battery technologies and mah consumption as well as flight performance difference. The problem I see is most people have only tried and are used to one thing. Therefore when they give advice it is bias to that setup.
If you are getting Fromeco regs give them a call and ask for the regs that you can use your fail safe switch on. That way you just turn off the regs and not just the receiver. Make sure measure the voltage coming out as they need to be exact or else you may pull battery power from 1 reg/battery instead of both. I ran that setup for a few years and worked out really well.