• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Who makes the best Glow Driver?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We used to have 1/2a races at my old club a decade or so ago. Listening to a herd of well tuned heavily modified .049's scream around a short pylon course was impressive.

reyn3545

100cc
Somehow, this thread intended for cheap sarcasm has turned into a pretty good nostalgia discussion... all because of a shop rag!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Nostalgia is good.....got to love the different personality of this forum. Simply sarcasm is enjoyed and not turned into a flaming contest.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Nostalgia...
Picked this up the other day. My grandfather gave me one just like it back in 77-78 or so. I was too young for it and never got to fly it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417011745.250381.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417011754.968811.jpg

henry b

50cc
How my addiction started .True story. My first plane ever was a cox control line racer .red fuse yellow wing kinda looked like a shoestring. I opened the wrapping and WOW a toy plane with a real motor that could really fly. I carefully unwrapped all the contents and the plane then set it all on a table. I then confidently told pop I'm going flying .( here comes the touching father son moment). With a heavy Italian accent pop says .You waita justa minuteh me and zio(uncle in Italian)Ollie are a gonna showa you how to fly because YOU will breaka the plane lika all ofa you other toys. plus zio Ollie fly in a helicopter in the army (door gunner, he held the controls once for a picture).We gonna show you how to fly first . So we head out to the playground set up the plane fill it with fuel .Get it started, lean out the needle and it is running. Dad must have been a Hucker at heart and a man before his time, because the last words before the maiden were ( WATCH THIS!!) .The plane rolled beautifully along the asphalt. She broke ground and went straight up . That 0.49 had truly unlimited vertical. Unfortunately without the mad skilz needed to fly it also had a very limited downline . The plane disintegrated upon impact> I started bawling and screaming YOU BROKE MY PLANE. Pop just looked at me an said ah shut upa we gonna fix. 40 years went by he is still alive and my plane is still broken.Now like you guys and gals I have a hanger full of flying things. When my pop comes over to the house he always says why do you still play with toys. I always reply you should have let me fly the Damn plane!!