• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's up with Ben?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley38

New to GSN!
I heard a rumor at the field last Sunday that Ben Fisher was disassociating himself from 3DHS and was going through a divorce. This was purportedly reported on GiantScaleNews forum. Sounds awful! Any truth to it?

CR

gyro

GSN Contributor
CR,

1- no, both rumors are completely false.
2- even IF it was true that he was having marital problems, this website (nor any other in my opinion) is the place to talk about Ben's personal life. That's none of our business.

Not only do I have a close business relationship with Ben, but I also consider him a friend. Please ask whomever spread this rumor at the field to stop... It's not only false, but also wrong.

B

Blucor Basher

Well, my wife and I are still married after 18 years, so I think this one is going to stick.

And, since I own 3DHobbyShop, it would be kind of hard to dis-associate myself from it.

What I have dis-associated myself from is posting in internet threads, and things like this are part of the reason. I have always tried to keep my personal life separate from the business. This means that under most circumstances, I don't spread around my personal news in public. I know that's all the rage right now, but I don't post on facebook what I had for breakfast this morning. Over the more than 9 years since founding 3DHobbyShop, I've heard probably 10,000 pieces of outrageous and salacious gossip about people in RC. Some was true. Most was not. I don't post any of it on the internet.

I'd like to also say that, for those individuals who want to post salacious gossip about people to cause trouble, they know exactly which forum to go to in order to do it, the one which is essentially not moderated. I do not go there. My hat is off to team 3DRCForums for the moderation job they do here. The conversation stays on the topic of RC here, which I appreciate very much. I've been in this business long enough that I can pick and choose where to write and where to spend time, and I'm going to spend it where people are polite and there are enough rules to keep it that way, not in some trash forum where passions are intentionally inflamed by a variety of methods to build up the pageviews.

Finally, I think that every RC pilot has a responsibility to stand up against the rumor mill. We all want great products and great people in this hobby, and I can tell you that the #1 thing that acts against awesome new and exciting things and people surfacing the hobby is the lying, trash-talking, and cruelty that every single businessperson, organizer, and sponsored pilot receives. If I had a dollar for every time a rumor was started about a 3DHS staff member or team pilot, I'd own an island someplace warm. I tell my pilots and staff to ignore rumors, and keep flying and being the best they can be. I advise everyone in the hobby to do the same.

Thanks.

Ben <happily married business owner> Fisher
3DHS

Status
Not open for further replies.