• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

What would you guys like to see from us?

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Well this might piss you off..but I hate it when someone lists an item way over priced from the source, that most anyone else can buy easily and much cheaper. Case in point.

Your listing of servo tray $49.99 plus shipping:
http://www.taildraggerrc.com/taildragger-rc-billet-alloy-tandem-servo-tray-3-75-tiller-arm/

Directly from HobbyKing $16.75 plus shipping. (Buying more than 1 tray saves tremendously on shipping.):
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12748__CNC_Rudder_2_Tray_4_0_inch_4_40_Black.html

and where did you get your price RRP: $64.99

as I have never seen RRP that high on this tray.

I understand your trying to make a buck!!
Bob..
While I do see your point and yet it is a moot one how do you come to the assumption I bought these from hobby king at that price!? Why would it matter?
I bought mine over 3 years ago from the Korean manufacturer. They never sold well for me or them I guess so they sold a mass of them to hobby king.

Hobby king buys in huge volume, marks the items up very little, and sells in volume.They do however require an act of congress to warranty said product. They also have the huge advantage of being in mainland China.meaning they don't have to pay the irate international shipping I do to get products here and they also are at war to destroy the little guys like ours company.
Hobby king does sell some of the same items that smaller vendors do but that doesn't mean we buy them from hobby king as many factories in china sell to hobby king as well as others. Hobby crap is the desperation point of a Chinese company when they need to move a lot of product.. We also spec everything we sell for the best they offer.When hk buys from the factory you better believe they are getting them as cheap as possible meaning you can get more duds that way...
And if we did I mean.... I run a business for me and my family and Tdrc is our ONLY source of income and by the time I add my inventory, customer service,supporting pilots, events, ect I make a sad existence but it's my and my wife's labor of love. I love what I do and enjoy my clients whom support me and their friendship.

You don't get that with hobby king. They care less about the people they sell too as there is always another cheapskate who will be in line to purchase. If someone price shops me because of hobby king then as a most certain matter of fact I prefer you not waste my or your time. Go buy from them.. They are the sole reason this hobby has downgraded in our sector with junk to sift through to get to the good and one day as it already has just ruin the market for quality support usa business and innovation/quality... Pretty soon if more keep supporting these places we will all be faced to buy junk with no support.

I commend you for buying some of these from hobby king for your buddies out of the kindness of your heart and that's great. I however am trying to make an honest living.

About your concerns of retail price of 64.99. I set that retail price when I bought them years ago from the factory. I really care less if hobby king gives them away. Being that hobby king has involvement in selling them is a good indicator as to why I am selling off on clearance.

Last edited:
Well this might piss you off..but I hate it when someone lists an item way over priced from the source, that most anyone else can buy easily and much cheaper. Case in point.

Your listing of servo tray $49.99 plus shipping:
http://www.taildraggerrc.com/taildragger-rc-billet-alloy-tandem-servo-tray-3-75-tiller-arm/

Directly from HobbyKing $16.75 plus shipping. (Buying more than 1 tray saves tremendously on shipping.):
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12748__CNC_Rudder_2_Tray_4_0_inch_4_40_Black.html

and where did you get your price RRP: $64.99

as I have never seen RRP that high on this tray.

I understand your trying to make a buck!!

Got an idea........... Instead of coming on here and whining and crying about over priced stuff that you can get cheaper from HK, then please, by all means. Buy from Hobby King. Thank you.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got an idea........... Instead of coming on here and whining and crying about over priced stuff that you can get cheaper from HK, then please, by all means. Buy from Hobby King. Thank you.
Well put Chris. It is only my opinion and those that wish to, may take this with a grain of salt if they so desire. However, companies such as TDRC are not the same as HK. That much has already been discussed. I personally will buy from companies such as TDRC before I even think of places such as HK. I have had the opportunity to experience purchases from both. As well as many other companies. What did I get with HK? A big F'in' run around and a bunch of really crappy items. What have I received from Chad at TDRC? Quality hardward, SUPERIOR to none other service, Someone who "CARES" about me, my fellow modelers. I would sooner pay $64.99 for an item through someone such as Chad at TDRC than 16 bucks through a "I really don't care about you, just give me your money" company. What I get in the long run far outweighs the savings I initially get at the beginning of the purchase.

It really isn't about the $$. It is about the service you get from a company, when you have an issue with something. Just like you are saying.

Granted, I've ordered alot of stuff from HK, never had to use their CS, but their prices are so low, I just throw it away if there is a problem with it. I must have bought 70 LiPo packs from them before I received my BuddyRC (Glacier batteries) sponsorship. I now must have close to 30 Glaciers. HK does not care about their customers. Chad actually cares about 99.9% of his, excluding me. LOL!! With TDRC, you get a live person on the phone, unlike HK. You use their live chat support, which, from what I've seen from others issues and problems, isn't really helpful. It is just like they want to give you the run around, and act like a hosebag.

I can't stand people who bash companies....... If you have an issue with a company, take it to them, not on a public forum. I've been guilty of that too.