• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
So here the PAU Ulitmate 120 set one servo , suggest minimum 400 oz output

Remember that Areoworks plans were design when high output servo weren't available, food for thought , sometimes you have to think outside the box they have given you.

View attachment 108948

View attachment 108946 View attachment 108947 View attachment 108947
The PAU 120cc Ultimate manual states 1 or 2 servos rated at least at 400oz of torque.
Look guy's, I get I could probably get away with just two and depending on balance I may pull one back out. But until then I will follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There are many ways to balance servos, correct? Not counting the hitec servo balancer since yours are Savox but the Fromeco voltage balancer, in the (some) radio balancing capabilities, booma rc servo balancer, JR match box, etc. come to mind. There are more i think.

Rusty 73

100cc
Got one of these Formeca servo balancer is worth every dime and it does help if you radio can help balance the servos , most radio do have them but basic to midrange radio don't offer a good platform but need to hook up the balancer so the servos don't burn out .

Guess it would be like balancing a three servo per wing setup similar to the 40% krills use them, this is very rare now with these powerful servo of the last few years .

Some say sarcastic, I'm just a realist , I call it like i see it .
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 9.18.30 PM.png

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not to create any heartburn here fellas. Just my opinion for what it is worth. I am to the thinking that if a setup requires a certain amount of torque, then it really doesn't matter what arrangement or number of servos is used. I try to get away with as little as possible and still meet the criteria. And most times, way "WAY" over kill on torque. Our servos now days are inexpensive compared to the cost of replacement of an airframe. I am using Hitec HS7954SH's on the Pitts. Yeah, I know....not needed. But that plane ain't falling out of the sky because of weak servos. LOL. I really don't know what the specs are for the Pilot 40% 129" Yak. I can say that the rudder is totally BEHEMOTH. So is my sons PAU 43% Edge 540. If I remember correctly, he is using two Hitec HS7950TH servos. (486 each) I am using two HS7990TH servos on the Yak. Course they are 611 ounces each. 1222 total ounces. Now while I have no rudder fade, we both have noticed just a tick of rudder fade on his Edge. Again, Huge plane, huge rudder...(972 total ounces)

Personally I feel if someone wishes to do a setup a particular way, that is his choice. Most times we do things a specific way because that is just how we do things. We feel comfortable in doing so. The only time I will jump in and say "na...not good", not the way it should be....is when someone blatantly just does not understand or has not been in this hobby for as long as most of us. (insert newby here)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got one of these Formeca servo balancer is worth every dime and it does help if you radio can help balance the servos , most radio do have them but basic to midrange radio don't offer a good platform but need to hook up the balancer so the servos don't burn out .

Guess it would be like balancing a three servo per wing setup similar to the 40% krills use them, this is very rare now with these powerful servo of the last few years .

Some say sarcastic, I'm just a realist , I call it like i see it .
View attachment 108949
Love this meter. Best and most sure fire way to maximize true servo balancing.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I know is what they say in the manual, 3 servos with a minimum of 330oz-in each. Here are a couple excerpts from the manual of the set-up and requirements.
Don’t get me wrong I believe you just that I have never seen that much power connected to a rudder.