• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I must say I always enjoy buying tools and mean quality tools none of this stuff from China. Always try to buy the tools from Europe. But one of the best lessons I had was from old gentleman and I mean old he was a master carpenter, he would give the odd class in wood work. He gave 2 day class in wood chisel sharpening boy was that a treat best two days I ever spent in a class. Bought all the stuff he recommended and never looked back. A swaying he had it does not matter what steel you have if it has the correct wedge and edge it will do the job and how true that is.
Ain't that the truth, but, on the other side of that coin there are somethings that do a fine job for the purpose needed. The belt sander is a fine example, for what I use it for there is no need for anything above the $65 one from Harbor Freight. But, if Model Machines made one I probably would have bought one.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
There's a lot of cheap tools that work fine in our light duty hobby. Harbor freight belt sander works fine on balsa and light ply but when you get close not so much.
I don't use it for close up and would not recommend it, especially for balsa. I have other tools for that, and by hand for up to, or on, the line.

BalsaDust

I must say I always enjoy buying tools and mean quality tools none of this stuff from China. Always try to buy the tools from Europe. But one of the best lessons I had was from old gentleman and I mean old he was a master carpenter, he would give the odd class in wood work. He gave 2 day class in wood chisel sharpening boy was that a treat best two days I ever spent in a class. Bought all the stuff he recommended and never looked back. A swaying he had it does not matter what steel you have if it has the correct wedge and edge it will do the job and how true that is.

This is very true. A quality chisel made with good steel though holds that edge a lot longer.

BalsaDust

IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_5007.jpg
IMG_5008.jpg

Postman brought me a replacement stab for my 1M DLG to replace the one in the first picture that I folded in half by mistake loading it in the truck.