• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So much to enjoy and have "fun" with the electric venue. May it be a cub on floats or a jet with a camera. All possibilities are coming to our finger tips :).

Now I still enjoy my gassers and :love: me a good running gas engine on a great flying airframe. Just seems getting to the "fungasm" is just a bit easier with the "Chunk 'O' Foams" . And there easy on the eye too :In_love:.

Post man brought me (Total surprise from my buddy in Texas) a pair of Bowman rings for both my 72's . I think he is trying to pull me away from the "Dark Side" of FOAM :sneaky:.

1005181403-00.jpg
1005181405-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So much to enjoy and have "fun" with the electric venue. May it be a cub on floats or a jet with a camera. All possibilities are coming to our finger tips :).

Now I still enjoy my gassers and :love: me a good running gas engine on a great flying airframe. Just seems getting to the "fungasm" is just a bit easier with the "Chunk 'O' Foams" . And there easy on the eye too :In_love:.

Post man brought me (Total surprise from my buddy in Texas) a pair of Bowman rings for both my 72's . I think he is trying to pull me away from the "Dark Side" of FOAM :sneaky:.

View attachment 105914 View attachment 105915
So give me the complete run down on the DJ 72. I just can not find an appropriately fitting engine for the Baby Yak. I still can't bring myself to hack the crap outta the firewall to accommodate the 85cs. Or any rear induction engine for that matter. And I will not buy that other brand. All those red heads would gang up on me and boot my old *&% out. Lol
ass-kicking.gif

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Not exactly brought by the postman, but new none the less. My buddy Tony's new Ultimate. He informed me tonight when I went to look at it that I'm building it. We're also repainting it to a different scheme. It will have a DA120 with cans, Hitec servos, PowerSafe reciever.

Do you think the wing is thin enough?

20181005_220047_resized.jpg
20181005_220337_resized.jpg
20181005_221841_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not exactly brought by the postman, but new none the less. My buddy Tony's new Ultimate. He informed me tonight when I went to look at it that I'm building it. We're also repainting it to a different scheme. It will have a DA120 with cans, Hitec servos, PowerSafe reciever.

Do you think the wing is thin enough?

View attachment 105920 View attachment 105921 View attachment 105922
Wow!!!
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

That wing is crazy thin. What I'd like to know is how are the wings constructed? Do they actually have any airfoil? I mean, most certainly they do.., right? Or did they just cut a thick piece of composite material, sand and shape the tips and round the leading edge, then call it good?
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow!!! View attachment 105923
That wing is crazy thin. What I'd like to know is how are the wings constructed? Do they actually have any airfoil? I mean, most certainly they do.., right? Or did they just cut a thick piece of composite material, sand and shape the tips and round the leading edge, then call it good?
View attachment 105924
Yeah, there is an airfoil, but not much of one. I have no idea what the structure is like inside, but it's 91" long, and one piece! It's pretty light. I wouldn't want to get hit by it at speed, it's really hard on the leading edge and I think it would lop your head off.

For a 120cc size biplane it's big at 91" span and over 100 inches long.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, there is an airfoil, but not much of one. I have no idea what the structure is like inside, but it's 91" long, and one piece! It's pretty light. I wouldn't want to get hit by it at speed, it's really hard on the leading edge and I think it would lop your head off.

For a 120cc size biplane it's big at 91" span and over 100 inches long.
Dang, Very interesting. I am not sure I would want to be hit by any flying object no matter composite material, wood, fiberglass or even foamy. It would be the concrete water treatment for sure. But those wings....! So, you want body parts removed? No problem....let me do a little dive action on ya. Hold your arm out now. LOL. That is really quite the good sized Bipe. What do you think it will come in at AUW?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot a second time. (It's the old age...LOL) You mentioned repainting it. Any selections on a scheme and color? I am really excited for you to do another "PAINT" thread.:yesss:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Dang, Very interesting. I am not sure I would want to be hit by any flying object no matter composite material, wood, fiberglass or even foamy. It would be the concrete water treatment for sure. But those wings....! So, you want body parts removed? No problem....let me do a little dive action on ya. Hold your arm out now. LOL. That is really quite the good sized Bipe. What do you think it will come in at AUW?
Not sure on the weight, I've read it in threads, but my memory sucks.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh yeah, I almost forgot a second time. (It's the old age...LOL) You mentioned repainting it. Any selections on a scheme and color? I am really excited for you to do another "PAINT" thread.:yesss:
Tony had some stuff laid out on it last night, but I'm not sure what the real scheme is going to be.
Yes, I plan on posting the painting progress as we go.