• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

what size carbon prop

sparkx38

50cc
I've been wanting to change my woodies to carbon fiber. I have a DA 60 on my slick and fly 3D with it. Thinking a falcon 24x9 for it. I also have a DLE 111 that I have been flying IMAC. I'm running a 28x10 woodie on it. Any suggestion/comments?

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Falcon 24x9 for the DA

Tony at Red Aero has a spread sheet on what engine to what prop for Falcon, he's N726AC here, give him a shout

Some of the best props on the market

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Any advice on a carbon prop for a VVRC 40 twin? I will be breaking mine in on a Vess 20B but I hear this is a loud setup.

Ohio AV8TOR;2786 wrote: Any advice on a carbon prop for a VVRC 40 twin? I will be breaking mine in on a Vess 20B but I hear this is a loud setup.

Lots of people look at Falcon or Mej 20x8. I'm wondering how a 21x8 would spin on a 40.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

bigblueswope;2787 wrote: Lots of people look at Falcon or Mej 20x8. I'm wondering how a 21x8 would spin on a 40.

The Mej 21x8 would be a quiet prop.

sparkx38;2689 wrote: I've been wanting to change my woodies to carbon fiber. I have a DA 60 on my slick and fly 3D with it. Thinking a falcon 24x9 for it. I also have a DLE 111 that I have been flying IMAC. I'm running a 28x10 woodie on it. Any suggestion/comments?

Stock exhaust? What are you running now?

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
sparkx38;2689 wrote: I've been wanting to change my woodies to carbon fiber. I have a DA 60 on my slick and fly 3D with it. Thinking a falcon 24x9 for it. I also have a DLE 111 that I have been flying IMAC. I'm running a 28x10 woodie on it. Any suggestion/comments?

Either Falcon 24x9 or Vess Stealth 24B. They both work great on the 60, I think the Vess pull out a little better though.

Bipeguy03

150cc

I had a 27x10 Xoar woodie on my PAU Ultimate with a 111, Just switched over to a Falcon 27x10. I haven't flown it yet with the Falcon but going to try to tomorrow if the weather permits, so I'll let you know what I think of it.