• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What is this Scale Flying, Techniques forum? What do I post here?!

SleepyC

150cc
Ok, so you are building a new scale warbird, and you are searching for the perfect "metal skin". You search for 3 months, order 5 different products and finally the 5th on wis the JAM! It looks great. It took you 3 attempts to get it on properly but now after all that hassle your plane looks like it popped out of a picture from 1948.

SO... share your info! Save a fellow modeler all that hassle. Drop some knowledge darts on what product worked, and how you applied it. And you will instantly be someone's hero!

SO... what cha guys got?

jlmold

50cc
I'll help you out Sleepy, Finished with latex house paint.
IMG_2822.JPG
A little learning curve, but so far all that have seen it love it. :)
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG

jlmold

50cc
Thanks Bart,
It is the carf Razorback 110" WS with a moki 250 Radial. I modeled it after the 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron. This winter I will get the rest of the markings and weathering completed along with the bar and stripes. I added lighting to the wing tips and made lenses, also I added LED's to the gun ports. I just need to get my butt in gear and get it finished. It has a full cockpit and pilot. Oh almost forgot it has smoke ans a sliding canopy
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG

ritchie_rich

New to GSN!
Hey Jim about time you have it air born been waiting for a couple of years to see it fly looks great so far.
Rick

jlmold

50cc
Thanks Rick, I just spent the time off during the holidays painting the stars and bars, on to the weathering. Getting comfortable landing this thing.