• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What battery charger u got and why?

doublea

100cc
Hey guys,
In the market and thought I might see what you guys got to gather some info for a purchase.

Icharger 3010 and 406. Charges all my 6S lipo in no time flat. Coupled to 2 575W power supplies in series for 24VDC and 1150W of power. Will also charge anything under the sun as well.

I use a Cellpro powerlab 6. 1K watt charger and does an excellent job. I also had an Icharger and that was a great charger but I wanted a more laptop friendly charger to document charging and battery information. So I sold that and went back to a bigger Cellpro. Im betting Bunky is using a Max Amps power supply as it is the same specs as mine. That is a great power supply. I believe the Cellpro charger that I have has a higher discharge rate than the similar ICharger I had. I can cycle batteries a lot faster now.

doublea

100cc
Icharger 3010 and 406. Charges all my 6S lipo in no time flat. Coupled to 2 575W power supplies in series for 24VDC and 1150W of power. Will also charge anything under the sun as well.
Please tell me there's not an app for that? Lol.
And wow sounds like a pretty sweet setup. Are most chargers now in need of a power supply to really charge quickly or are there some that have direct AC hookup? I have the hitec x4 but I am thinking of going from lithium ion to a123s.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Hitec X4 AC is what I use. I wanted one with built in AC power and I can do 4 batteries at a time. I have Li-ion in my gassers and small 3S for my foamies. Works perfectly for my needs.

hrc44167.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
Cellpro 10s going on four years now...at the time it was highly recommended by friends as the best balance charger on the market. It's worked flawlessly and I feel I got my money's worth..

Twister

70cc twin V2
I use a powerlab 8 with a meanwell 1000w 24v power supply, My club also has 12v solar panel power at the field so I can hook up to that as well, I also added a usb charging jack and an amp-volt meter for haha's
Chargecase.jpg

njswede

150cc
Home charger: Hyperion i720 Duo - Because it works. Dual HP server power supplies.
Field charger: Turnigy twin 400W - Because it's cheap and sturdy and survives being hauled back and forth to the field. And if it doesn't, it's no big deal since it cost almost nothing.

Cellpro 10s going on four years now...at the time it was highly recommended by friends as the best balance charger on the market. It's worked flawlessly and I feel I got my money's worth..
I have that charger also. In fact this was my first charger I bought that would charge A123's and lithium batteries. I know mine is over 4 years old and that charger still works like a champ.