• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What are you doing to promote this great hobby with all the bad

doublea

100cc
With all the government, and older guys or I think refered to as FOG'S. What are you doing

To try to help promote this hobby or even what kind of suggestions may you have to help let people know what we are doing. Just curious.:biggrin-new:

BalsaDust

Me for one have found that hanging out and talking with the FOGS helps. They all seem to like me in my club in part because I love to build even if a lot of my builds are scratch built foamy's they love seeing what I come up with. For some reason I'm lucky enough to that the FOGS in my club don't mind the 3D flight but I'm just sure to keep it up high whenever any of them are on the flight line.

Other than that I helped the club create nice flyers to promote the club and we also have a Facebook page that I try to post to every so often. I know a few years ago before I got back in the hobby our club also invited one of the new stations out to the field and had a nice get up down for the evening news. Here's a link to the news report. http://youtu.be/QFBUb7Ao4ro

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
The T.U.F.F. club (Texas Unlimited Fun Flyers) here in East Texas has a Toys-For-Tots fly in each year that we invite the community and the news station to. We have had incredible turn outs each year and the news station gives a positive story to the community.