• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What about expo?

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
40-50 % low rates 60% throw and 65-75% 120% throw for high rates and tweak it as I get more flights

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Expo for me is a feel thing and different between my planes. You won't go wrong setting it up per the manual but then for me it is about getting the feel the same on all rates in the low to mid travel.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Ohio AV8TOR;2785 wrote: Expo for me is a feel thing and different between my planes. You won't go wrong setting it up per the manual but then for me it is about getting the feel the same on all rates in the low to mid travel.

I would have to agree. I use the above to start then adjust to how the plane flys. Each one is different

thurmma

150cc
I use 40% on Low - 50% on Mid - 70% on High. This is how I have my 42% Pilot Edge setup and I love it. Just my 2 cents.

I'm amazed at how high so many people run their expo. It just makes the plane not do anything for a really long while and then all the sudden, BAM MAX DEFLECTION!

On 3 rates I'm something like 15-25-35or45%.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Depending on the plane I tend to end up with between 40-50% on high rates then setup low and mid rates to feel around the same during the first part of stick travel. Also prefer high spring tension and fairly short sticks.

Most people have been spoiled by the low stick tension of the Spektrum radios and the newer Futaba radios. My 9503's stick tension is pretty stiff with the standard sticks. My expo is usually at 40-50 on high and 25-35 on low. No mid rates. Ever.