• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What 3D Champion Fly's What?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
It looks plenty floaty but the wings are rocking a lot. I have a feeling the pilot is having to work really hard to harrier that plane. A plane that harriers well usually has a nice flat bottom. Wing area is important as well but it needs to be in balance with everything else.

AKfreak

150cc
It looks plenty floaty but the wings are rocking a lot. I have a feeling the pilot is having to work really hard to harrier that plane. A plane that harriers well usually has a nice flat bottom. Wing area is important as well but it needs to be in balance with everything else.

Yeah it is rocking allot isn't it. Well..I guess its going to be an Edge 540. one called a ,"Racer" I wanted somthing different then whats already buzzing around the field. Extras, and Edges are littered all over the place here in Vegas. I see Goldwing might be stepping their game up, but it will take a US distributor to buy a container load to save that $100 in shipping from China (thus eating up most of the savings). They now have a Corvs540 that looks really neat .

The New GoldWing offering, "Corvus540"
[video=youtube_share;S20Zh3XMuZw]http://youtu.be/S20Zh3XMuZw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said earlier, general hobby just imports stuff. They don't do the internal R&D that the other players do. This means that their designs typically are older designs that other companies discontinued. I know the price tag looks better, but I would be very surprised if their performance meets the EF or 3DHS standard.

AKfreak

150cc
I found a 75.5" Extra.. I am sure it is not the best plane, but it does have an air foiled horz. stab., and all I have to do is find/make some SFG's