Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

We're Doing Something Right!

Discussion in 'GSN Web Site News' started by Bartman, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I got an older CA Eclipse. Its a combo of a couple pattern planes since my original was laid to rest. YS140L with CF pipe. Been sitting for years because I have gone far away from glow.

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Hey Bart,
    How about a spot where us old school pattern fans can discuss the oldies but goodies.

49dimes, Mikeq, dhal22 and 1 other person like this.
  3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yes please!!!

4. dhal22

Thanks, it's hard to believe I created that out of chunks of balsa.

They can call them slimers all they want, I use tuned pipes and 18,000 rpm to blow the oil well away from my planes. And who doesn't love the smell of burnt glow fuel.

Alky6, ChickenBalls, 49dimes and 3 others like this.
  5. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

I like my slimers.

Bigger does fly better, but damn I love the smell of burning nitro!

BJ Swope

stangflyer, 49dimes, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rock on!

7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

There's sumthun 'bout the smell of the air on a fresh spring day, a piping hot cup of joe, and the aroma of 20/20 YS/Saito blend filling your nose. I do remember those days.

8. dhal22

I look for nitro planes when I bring my gassers to the field. Just to get a smell of the fuel burning. So many years of memories growing up with glow being the only option.

bigblueswope likes this.
  9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Just make sure you get your tail pipe sniffin' done way before they take off. Getting a whiff of that sweet smelling nitro will probably be a little tough. :spongebob:

10. Yakman

Yakman 70cc twin V2

The other day, Flycanic found a case of Power Masters 10 cheap. That was the best glow fuel we could get a couple years ago. He gave me a gallon of it. $28 a gallon for some other at the LHS. Might take my little Hanger9 F22 Raptor out when it warms up again. With a 61 it moves quickly and does some wicked snap rolls and flat spins. Kind of fun at times.

Attached Files: