• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

hone

150cc
Forgot the picture uploadfromtaptalk1395769124172.jpg

hone

150cc
Looks pretty cool to me

Thanks :) that little quad is a blast. Mine is orange but production models are florescent green. If you put a strip of LEDs on it facing inward the whole thing lights up!

Also, if you didn't catch this post from Cody W. get ready for a new foamy. It's going to be amazing ;)

Just got word of some more fun stuff on the way! This is another one of my designs and I'm extremely pleased with it. I won't release full details yet but I can assure you guys that we have addressed many of your concerns about current models with this plane, namely price, control linkage, and durability in addition to offering new capabilities never before available with an EPP foamy.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Thanks :) that little quad is a blast. Mine is orange but production models are florescent green. If you put a strip of LEDs on it facing inward the whole thing lights up!

Also, if you didn't catch this post from Cody W. get ready for a new foamy. It's going to be amazing ;)

Perfect! The laser has taken a beating the past few months. Mainly that area by the motor mount.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Perfect! The laser has taken a beating the past few months. Mainly that area by the motor mount.

This will be a good plane for you then. We have tried to address major customer concerns about some of our other models in the areas of pricing, durability, and simplicity. If you like to fly hard and beat on the plane then this is for you.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
This will be a good plane for you then. We have tried to address major customer concerns about some of our other models in the areas of pricing, durability, and simplicity. If you like to fly hard and beat on the plane then this is for you.

Sounds great! I only fly hard when I'm not at the field, so when I move to the Midwest and fly at home a lot, the durability should be a real plus. The only other thing I found was frame warp, but that's typical of EPP.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Love my TH planes - have 4 of them at the moment.

I have a durability problem that has shown up on two different airplanes - wondering if maybe there is something I should/could be doing to avoid this in future.

The problem is that after many flights, the wires from the motor become fatigued and break.
This has happened on two different motors and airframes.

other than a little tape to hold the wires neatly in place, I haven't done anything to try to limit thier vibration.

My install is such that I do not pull on them while changing batteries - best I can tell, this is just flight vibration that eventually snaps the wire
One snapped at the connection to the motor (the dualsky for mini YAK) and one snapped at the bullet connector to the esc (19G motor for the Inferno)

Hoping the brain trust on this thread can suggest something other than "solder it back together and hope for the best"